Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2017, 11:31 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,174,777 times

Advertisements

1. I don't get the "boring appliance" phrase. Sure, a Camry is a boring car, but do you people know what an appliance is?

2. I actually like the look of the Camry. A lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2017, 04:09 AM

890 posts, read 883,065 times
The Pontiac Aztec was ahead of its time.
Toyota and Honda designers are trying too hard.

Old 06-03-2017, 04:42 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,248,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
1. I don't get the "boring appliance" phrase. Sure, a Camry is a boring car, but do you people know what an appliance is?

An appliance is a product that just does its just job, its not flashy, its not exciting, it just works. That fits cars like the Camry to a T

Old 06-03-2017, 08:40 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,653,820 times
I have actually sat in one. The interior is updated, you will either love or hate it. The seats were comfy enough. I did not get the traditional Camry feel sitting in the car. There are levels of trim I am ok with the new exterior. The real test will be out on the road. Has the handling improved at all or is it the same Ol' same Ol' in a new package?

On that note have you looked closely at the CHR from Toyota? The drive train is pretty much Corolla.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:44 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,580,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
I have actually sat in one. The interior is updated, you will either love or hate it. The seats were comfy enough. I did not get the traditional Camry feel sitting in the car. There are levels of trim I am ok with the new exterior. The real test will be out on the road. Has the handling improved at all or is it the same Ol' same Ol' in a new package?

On that note have you looked closely at the CHR from Toyota? The drive train is pretty much Corolla.

Same ole Toaster Oven - now available with new styling.

Old 06-03-2017, 08:50 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post

Most cars today are not exciting to drive. Sure they look fast and futuristic. They are the vehicle version of a kitchen appliance. A toaster from 1965 works as well as a toaster from 2017. But in the end it's still a toaster.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:27 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I think it just got beat by the one above. There is no way that front bumper is 5mph rated
Are 5 mph bumpers even mandated anymore? If so, you'd never know it by the design of cars now. From Audi to Hyundai to Lexus, I see more and more cars that have these big grilles that are open and unprotected by a bumper and will be easily damaged with the slightest low speed impact.

Old 06-03-2017, 09:36 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,471,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidlo View Post
The C-HR is just Toyota's answer to the Honda HR-V, which is based on the Civic platform. Toyota even stole 2 of the letters in the name of it's Honda counterpart!

Old 06-03-2017, 10:56 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Not a fan of the red interior but that car looks cool to me.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:09 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Are 5 mph bumpers even mandated anymore? If so, you'd never know it by the design of cars now. From Audi to Hyundai to Lexus, I see more and more cars that have these big grilles that are open and unprotected by a bumper and will be easily damaged with the slightest low speed impact.
Yup it's still a law. I watched a reel with a section on the damage that is caused to cars today in 5 mph impacts. Some SUVs were adding up huge repair bills due to the way the fascia or rear tailgate/spare tire set ups were designed. Some cars were racking up huge numbers due to the same factors. The wrap around bumper fascia may look good but it is expensive to repair.
That whole front fascia would have to be replaced. I bet it's a 22-2500 dollar repair. It's one piece. It's plastic so it requires a specific paint and spray process
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive