Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 01:15 PM

902 posts, read 1,105,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
The V6 Accord is the last Honda performance car. Civic is suppose to come out with a performance model but hasn't yet. Unless the turbo 4 Accord go's better than I think it will then there are none.
This is after a long history of performance high RPM motorcycles before they started making cars. The CRX Si, Civic's Si, Prelude VTEC, Del Sol VTEC, Integra GSR, RSX type S, Accord coupe V6 6 speed and there were probably more I forgot right now.

most of those you mentioned used a 4 cylinder engine

while I am disappointed the V-6 is a goner, the Turbo 4 that replaces it has some pretty impressive numbers

also you forgot the NSX, which is back in production
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 02:47 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
Ford to invest $350 million, add 800 jobs in Livonia

Old 06-22-2017, 08:01 PM

6,109 posts, read 10,899,749 times
I wonder how and whether this decision will affect future Odysseys, Pilots and Ridgelines, all of which use the discontinued 3.5L of the far better selling and most mainstream model Accord?

With Subaru, Volvo and Volkswagen (to name a few) now utilizing small but powerful turbo fours in their new "full size" crossovers it would seem likely that Honda would equally replace the V6 with the equally rated turbo four in at least the Odyssey and Pilot.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:50 AM

5,922 posts, read 6,471,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
according to tophondacars website "less than 10% of Accord buyers opt for the V-6" and that's a shame as it is a fantastic car and well below Acura prices

yes the real transmission over the CVT makes a world of difference on the same engine

test drive the 2017 base accord and the 2017 base Mazda 6.... both have the same horsepower the only difference is the Mazda uses a 6 speed over Hondas CVT..... the difference is night and day

I probably got the last year that Honda didn't put a CVT in their V6 Accords. I can't really say much about the car. It's a fine car and looks luxurious. It's not a slow car, but it's definitely not what I consider a higher performance vehicle by any stretch. I think I got spoiled when I owned my Mustang GT. I realized after owning this Accord that whatever luxuries the car might have on the inside doesn't trump performance.

Having said that, the car has been super reliable. It's had one small issue that was fairly inexpensive and quick to fix, but other than that, it's been fine. The new 4-cylinder turbo does intrigue me, just because the fact that you can squeeze out so much HP and performance out of a turbo 4. And, maybe by putting in a turbo 4 into the Accord, there will be a market for modifications down the road for that model of Honda.

For me, personally, I'm ready for something else. Either to go back into a V8 Mustang or to buy a full size truck.

Old 06-23-2017, 08:55 PM

5,481 posts, read 8,579,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azsportpilot View Post
most of those you mentioned used a 4 cylinder engine

while I am disappointed the V-6 is a goner, the Turbo 4 that replaces it has some pretty impressive numbers

also you forgot the NSX, which is back in production
It's not just about performance numbers but instead the "feel" of the powertrain.

I have yet to drive a midsize sedan with a small turbo 4 that puts out the power as smooth as a good 6cyl.

Honda's 1.5t engine sounds coarse. Well at least in the Civic and CR-V it does.

Old 06-24-2017, 02:35 PM

628 posts, read 840,291 times
at least there finally a way my son can trade his 96 accord as he hates cvts at least if he get high end model

Old 06-25-2017, 02:10 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,716,779 times
I'm afraid I won't buy an Accord again.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:08 AM

7,185 posts, read 9,322,724 times
"Revealing the first impression of the 2018 Accord, Honda has just teased a sketch of its upcoming car that is scheduled for the global debut on July 14. It can be seen in the picture that the car will feature and angular design with creases flowing from the front to the rear end. There is a better-looking chrome stretching over the new grill that perfectly gels with the sharp LED headlamp units."

Honda Accord: 2018 Honda Accord teased, global debut next month - Times of India

Old 06-25-2017, 10:28 AM

1,943 posts, read 3,338,981 times
My mom has the 16 Sport. She wants something a little quicker so the new 2.0t would be good for her. But she also likes the 2018 Toyota Camry as well which will still have the v6 option.

Old 06-28-2017, 06:13 PM

1,112 posts, read 884,760 times
I bought the 2016 Accord LS base model and LOVE IT! I was looking to relive my 1987 Acura Integra days and experience. I am happy. CVT does not nother me..I don't even notice it.

Mae
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive