Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:49 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,290,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I've seen empty liquid fertilizer containers fly out of pickup trucks beds on US 19 in Clearwater Florida, almost hit the car following the truck witch was traveling above 70 mph. People do not think and could care less about other drivers.
These people will move to their new residence, promptly fence in their back yard, put 3 dogs out there, go to work and leave the dogs to bark and disrupt the neighbors all day long, while using their loud motorcycle on the weekend, where they proceed to go to a movie theater and talk the whole movie, afterwards they take their kids to a restaurant where they scream and cause a menace. In short, people who are inconsiderate and only care about themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2017, 05:02 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,704,817 times
Many years ago a Buddy of mine was involved in a multi-vehicle pile-up while driving on a freeway in the San Francisco Bay Area due to a boat flying off the top of a van.

Don't remember if there were fatalities but definitely a great deal of personal injuries and property damage.

There is just no fixing STUPID.

Old 06-30-2017, 05:28 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
These people will move to their new residence, promptly fence in their back yard, put 3 dogs out there, go to work and leave the dogs to bark and disrupt the neighbors all day long, while using their loud motorcycle on the weekend, where they proceed to go to a movie theater and talk the whole movie, afterwards they take their kids to a restaurant where they scream and cause a menace. In short, people who are inconsiderate and only care about themselves.
You are correct my friend people today could care less of others because it all about me. They have no more moral values like the generation of past, now it's all about them and screw everyone else.

Old 06-30-2017, 06:46 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
The roadway to our local dump, ummmm, looks like a trash-strewn dump.

These people going to the dump, I hope, know they are supposed to secure their loads.......do they, not often enough.

If I was a police-chief, I would find out the busiest day at the dump. Then send-out a unit to write as many tickets as possible, on busy dump-day, for anyone and everyone with unsecured-loads.

Old 06-30-2017, 09:41 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,111,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — One New Hampshire driver should've heeded the old advice that you can't take it with you.

WMUR-TV reports a minivan pulled over on Wednesday had furniture, bicycles and boxes strapped to the roof and a wheeled basket dangling over the back window. There was also a furniture dolly hanging against a driver's side window.

Picture of vehicle.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/driver-ti...191211859.html
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!! OMG this photo gives me life!!!!!

Old 07-01-2017, 01:21 AM

1,663 posts, read 876,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I saw a dresser and all it's contents smashed to kindling and scattered along about 1/4 mile of interstate just last week.

It's a major hazard when people dump stuff like this.

I ran over a mattress once myself.
Luckily you didn't end up like this.

Or even worse. In 2004 a young woman was blinded and almost killed by a piece of particle board that fell off a trailer.
Women revise a law, rebuild a life | The Seattle Times
Attached Thumbnails
News, Driver ticketed for strapping furniture, bicycles to roof-matress3.jpg  

Old 07-01-2017, 07:03 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
One of my husband's uncles managed to lose a mattress on the Dan Ryan that way when he was trying to do a move in Chicagoland on the cheap.
Actually it's pretty common to see mattresses on the side of the highway.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:46 AM
KCZ

4,676 posts, read 3,669,799 times
My personal pet peeve is snow and sheets of ice flying off the tops of cars and SUVs because the owner was too lazy to clean them off before getting in the car. That debris often hits the car behind, obstructing the driver's vision and potentially breaking the windshield. The police will give tickets for this, but not frequently enough.

Old 07-01-2017, 07:52 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
My personal pet peeve is snow and sheets of ice flying off the tops of cars and SUVs because the owner was too lazy to clean them off before getting in the car. That debris often hits the car behind, obstructing the driver's vision and potentially breaking the windshield. The police will give tickets for this, but not frequently enough.
For some reason people will not think to invest in a inexpensive push broom which is easy to use to simply push the snow off in under 5 minutes. Most are too stuck on owning a snow brush and cleaning as little as possible.

Old 07-01-2017, 08:28 AM

5,718 posts, read 7,261,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmouse View Post
One of my husband's uncles managed to lose a mattress on the Dan Ryan that way when he was trying to do a move in Chicagoland on the cheap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I ran over a mattress once myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Actually it's pretty common to see mattresses on the side of the highway.

The singer in my band was driving his truck on the Baltimore Beltway when he was passed by a guy in a car with a new mattress and box spring tied to the top. Of course, the guy had his left hand out the window to help hold them more securely. A couple of miles down the road, they were lying right in the middle of the lane where my friend couldn't avoid running over them, like everybody else in front of and behind him. The car was pulled over on the shoulder, driver leaning on the steering wheel, holding his head in his hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive