Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2017, 06:25 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,288,516 times

Advertisements

Got to set in a Tesla
Got to sit in a Tesla.

let me set in one.
let me sit in one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2017, 10:49 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Got to set in a Tesla
Got to sit in a Tesla.

let me set in one.
let me sit in one.
On behalf of this message board I'd like to thank you for your aptitude of the English language. Your grammar guru award is in the mail.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:52 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,255,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
1) go build and price anything to $100k. It will also be amazing. As far as $100k cars go, Tesla is a bit spartan. A Mercedes well below at this price point will have heated arm rest and massaging seats. A fully loaded Tesla doesn't even have vented seats that can be found on a $25k Kia. Forget any massage action.
The interior of an S-Class is on a whole 'nother planet compared to a Model S.

Quote:
]3) consumer reports has a love/hate relationship with Tesla. First it was the best car ever tested, then it pulled its recommended rating for exessive trips to the dealer.
TrueDelta doesn't bother with the love part. It's the most unreliable car you can buy on their survey.
TD doesn't allow owners to decide if a defect is serious, they just ask you if it had an issue.
Doing that takes much of the minimizing of issues by owners out of it.

Old 07-02-2017, 01:07 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
The interior of an S-Class is on a whole 'nother planet compared to a Model S.

TrueDelta doesn't bother with the love part. It's the most unreliable car you can buy on their survey.
TD doesn't allow owners to decide if a defect is serious, they just ask you if it had an issue.
Doing that takes much of the minimizing of issues by owners out of it.
? The Model S interior is about as spartan as it gets. Even a Mini Cooper has thigh support.
You can get massaging seats on an Explorer.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:58 PM

13,655 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
4) nobody can work on a Tesla except Tesla. If something breaks out of warranty, only Tesla can fix it and they will charge you whatever they want.

5) performance is limited to drag racing. That's basically a Hellcat at almost twice the price. ...
Not every performance-car buyer is enthused about top-notch interior, gadgetry or the panache of exclusivity. The trouble is, that there are very few RWD cars (if that’s one’s primary criterion, which happens to be mine) of any kind, at any price. Those that have a reasonable amount of power tend to be heavy, to be styled after movies about robotic space-aliens, or the be gaudy caricatures of 1972 last-gasp muscle cars. The Tesla is powerful, elegant and (in some variants) purely RWD. In an age where Mercedes and BMW are awash in garish swoops and creases, where Lexus has a gaping maw and Cadillac looks like it was bent on a metal-brake, Tesla remains conservatively curvy.

My main complaint against Tesla is the weight. It’s weight that’s so inimical to good handling, rendering its performance-credentials limited mainly to drag-racing, as noted by a previous poster. Excessive complexity of also a fair critique.

Ditch the rear seat and large trunk, reduce the battery capacity to a max range of 100 miles, remove the various electronic “driving aids”, get the weight down to below 2500 lbs and the price down to below $50K.

Old 07-02-2017, 02:58 PM

564 posts, read 448,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Why bother. For what it is Bolt is a better EV.
Spoken like someone who won't pony up for a Model S!

Old 07-02-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Not every performance-car buyer is enthused about top-notch interior, gadgetry or the panache of exclusivity. The trouble is, that there are very few RWD cars (if that’s one’s primary criterion, which happens to be mine) of any kind, at any price. Those that have a reasonable amount of power tend to be heavy, to be styled after movies about robotic space-aliens, or the be gaudy caricatures of 1972 last-gasp muscle cars. The Tesla is powerful, elegant and (in some variants) purely RWD. In an age where Mercedes and BMW are awash in garish swoops and creases, where Lexus has a gaping maw and Cadillac looks like it was bent on a metal-brake, Tesla remains conservatively curvy.

My main complaint against Tesla is the weight. It’s weight that’s so inimical to good handling, rendering its performance-credentials limited mainly to drag-racing, as noted by a previous poster. Excessive complexity of also a fair critique.

Ditch the rear seat and large trunk, reduce the battery capacity to a max range of 100 miles, remove the various electronic “driving aids”, get the weight down to below 2500 lbs and the price down to below $50K.
The Model S is competing against Mercedes S class, not a Mustang.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:33 PM

204 posts, read 181,589 times
Not all model S cars have Ludicrous Mode.
But the one that did put a smile on my face. Check out the faces on youtube

Bolts, Leafs, Prius, etc....not so much.

If money were no object I would have one in my drive way until something better in EV cars came along.

Old 07-02-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notrhj View Post
Not all model S cars have Ludicrous Mode.
But the one that did put a smile on my face. Check out the faces on youtube

Bolts, Leafs, Prius, etc....not so much.

If money were no object I would have one in my drive way until something better in EV cars came along.
You're comparing $100k cars to $30k cars. The only thing they have in common is the drivetrain. That's like comparing Bugatties to Corollas. They're all gas engines right?

Old 07-02-2017, 03:49 PM

13,655 posts, read 9,714,475 times
Quote:
The Model S is competing against Mercedes S class, not a Mustang.
The point is that the Model S is the only non-boutique electric car that even attempts to cater to the performance market. Every other manufacturer emphasizes thrift, utility, efficiency and so forth. Maybe the Tesla is underwhelming around a race-track. But is it even conceivable to have a Bolt or Volt or whatnot even make an appearance on a race-track?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive