Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 04:07 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,802,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Phrasing it the way you have indicates there's some general consensus that Toyotas are considered boring.
Pretty sure such a consensus exists. You might have to do a study to identify the extend of such a consensus. I did a quick study. Everyone currently in my office believes Toyotas are boring except two. One disagreed and the other said "What is a Toyota?" Not sure the second guy was serious. But yeah, definitely a consensus here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 04:13 PM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Pretty sure such a consensus exists. You might have to do a study to identify the extend of such a consensus. I did a quick study. Everyone currently in my office believes Toyotas are boring except two. One disagreed and the other said "What is a Toyota?" Not sure the second guy was serious. But yeah, definitely a consensus here.
I did a search and found a few references. Still not buying OP's critique. If you're driving a BMW, Jaguar, Ferrari, etc then I can see calling Toyota boring. But OP's is boosting Honda and calling Toyota boring in the same post. That dog don't hunt.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:20 PM

9,823 posts, read 11,546,362 times
The Funny part is, Honda forced Other Automakers to, "Step Their Game up"
There is a reason why Honda sold so many Acura Integra with GSR Motors in 1995.
What other car company made a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine, with an Output of 170hp, oh and reliable back in 1993?
I'll wait
The Honda GSR Motor set the tone for what we see today. The only week spot on a Honda's is their Transmissions, but even that's better than most car companies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_B_engine

Old 07-14-2017, 08:24 PM

26,407 posts, read 46,575,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I test drove 4 CUV's before I bought the Mazda. It's a CUV. How fun could it possibly be to drive? I turns out it was quite a bit more fun to drive then the CRV, Crosstrek and the Jeep Cherokee.

I am going to have to disagree there. But that's a personal thing. We are all different. But I've not heard anyone say any Subaru CUV\SUV was MORE fun to drive than any Mazda. Maybe an Impreza?
Mid 2000s Forester shares the platform with the Impreza, and certainly is quite sporty with very good handling, and plenty of power in XT form.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:45 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Ford outsold Honda in June by a large margin he'll Ford sold over 77,000 F150 alone in June of 2017. So you tell me if Honda is the best automaker.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:44 PM

17,308 posts, read 12,245,675 times
VW sold the most so they are the best.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:25 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
VW sold the most so they are the best.
Don't forget VW is the largest automaker in the world they own more brands than any other automaker so it's a given they sold more than anyone else.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:00 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,722,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
By who? This is all relative and if you're speaking for yourself you should make it clear. Phrasing it the way you have indicates there's some general consensus that Toyotas are considered boring. To my knowledge no such consensus exists.
If Akio Toyoda has come out and instructed his company to the tune of "no more boring cars," that is a concession that Toyota's reputation has been that of "boring." And who's gonna argue with the president -- and heir -- of the company?

Old 07-15-2017, 01:04 AM

4,747 posts, read 2,348,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ma5cmpb View Post
If you take in account reliability, diversity, fun to drive, technological and cost it would seem to me like Honda would be considered the best automaker. Toyota's seem too boring, Mazda's not enough diversity, BMW are too expensive etc.

Plus it seems like all of their models sell very well. Not always the top in sales within their class but usually top 3 or 4. Anyone agree?
All I can say is that I am driving a 22 year old Accord that I bought new which has never been in the shop for anything other than routine maintenance. That's about as good as a recommendation can get.

Old 07-15-2017, 04:58 AM

11,157 posts, read 14,001,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papilgee4evaeva View Post
Already acknowledged (see post #72). But the thought of Toyota being boring is actually amusing coming from a member who is boosting Honda.

honda boring? - Google Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive