Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 03:07 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,219,435 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrarunner View Post
We must be the exception and I have posted extensively on this.

Dad passed away and Mom was in need of a car... from his hospital bed he told me to make sure she gets her car... mom NEVER had a new car.

In short we placed a factory order for a new 2001 Corolla S with sunroof and spoiler...

I wrote a letter to the president of Toyota and we received an invitation to come to spend the day at the factory watching her car being built... from shell to driving off the line.

That day rates as one of the all time highlights... 5,000 people at NUMMI and everyone knew this was one special Corolla... many of the line workers signed the engine compartment as the car went down the line.

16 years later the car has been flawless... not a single issue and Mom is approached all time by people wanting to buy it...

Great car built by great people and the 40 mpg coming home from Tahoe ain't bad either!

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...going-ride.jpg
Ok, as usual your stories don't let us down.

I had no idea that Toyota Corolla had anything other than basic A to B cars in the line.

It is kind of funny though. Do they have an owners club? I mean isn't it funny.

Can I tell my Porsche Friends that I am contemplating buying a Corolla, but don't worry they even have an owners club. If they do have a club do they have events that you can attend? LOL.

OK so I had to ask.

Reality is that I have always thought highly of the Corolla as a car that would hold up over time. That has been one of Toyota's strong suits is to build cars that will drive forever. It is the kind of car that you would get your kid or suggest that they buy as a first car, and even if it has lots of miles more than likely they will be fine. And I guess it is the kind of car that you can trust to get your mom around town or wherever she wants to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 03:20 PM

28,107 posts, read 63,436,291 times
Exactly... especially suited for Mom's and Daughters

Have a lot of pictures of her car which was another feat... plant security said absoulting no cameras... showed the guard my letter from the Toyota president and he made a phone call... said he wouldn't have believed it but we were cleared to take pictures

Just to prove "Signature Series" Corollas do exist... here is one more link.

//www.city-data.com/forum/attac...going-ride.jpg

With all good stories this one has tragedy and a happy ending.

Mom was at the eye doc for a checkup and when she came out... her car was gone.

We looked for 3 months and scoured the internet Craig's listings.

Just as we were ready to turn in the towel it was recovered... very dirty and cracked windshield... no other damage... Sheriff said people will steal a car for transportation and dump it when it is out of gas.

Never seen anyone so happy as mom... all her neighbors came out to welcome her Corolla home...

Old 07-28-2017, 03:33 PM

628 posts, read 825,201 times
The next one will only be sold in Europe and Japan just like Ford is replacing the Fiesta with the Ecosport CUV outside of Europe

Old 07-28-2017, 04:06 PM

15,112 posts, read 27,591,567 times
I don't think so.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:31 PM

15,112 posts, read 27,591,567 times
Not sure why you are so adamant about this - do you have a link that says such?

Old 07-28-2017, 06:42 PM

628 posts, read 825,201 times
heard it from the dealership so no link and i dont have voice recorder on my phone as its a flip phone

Old 07-28-2017, 06:45 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,887,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 28079 View Post
bad news to Corolla fans: only one of you is left in this club, since the other one decided to get a Kia.

Really, Corolla has fans???

I am convinced 99.999% of owners either hate/don't care about cars and drive one because they have to; and heard that Corolla is a cheap reliable car (aka appliance by people who really like driving cars).
Neighbor has one.

It is quite nice. Much better then previous version.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,712,496 times
If the next Corolla weren't coming Stateside, every automotive publication would have been all over that bit of news.

Toyota might be severely lacking in excitement, but not in business sense. They know where their bread is buttered.

Old 07-28-2017, 07:44 PM

2,480 posts, read 1,849,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Are there really any Corolla fans?

I thought Corolla owners were people who view cars as appliances and are generally not into cars or driving, but just want reliability from point A to B.
That would be describing me, for sure.

I just traded my fourteen year old Corolla for a brand new one. The old one still ran good, looked good and had never given me any problems or let me down. I just thought it was time for a new car, one with the bells and whistles. I got great trade-in value for it. It will be my last car.

The Corolla is perfect for me; I just want to get from point A to B in comfort and with reliability. Besides, I'm an old lady and I have no need to try to make up for a small penis by driving an overpriced flashy car.

Old 07-28-2017, 08:19 PM

6,081 posts, read 4,561,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
Corollas have LOTS of fans.
Corollas do indeed have fans in the radiator and also the ventilation system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive