Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you get angry at drivers going the posted speed limit?
Yes, get out of my way! 27 15.98%
No. Just wait for a clearing to pass the driver 102 60.36%
Annoyed but not angry. 40 23.67%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2017, 09:49 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJR1997 View Post
except speeding isn't a criminal offense.
Go fast enough and it is. In some states it's going so many mph over the limit. Arizona makes it a misdemeanor if you go over 85 mph.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2017, 08:40 AM

10,545 posts, read 7,735,179 times
None of the above.

I feel relieved to know that there are still some people out there who actually follow the posted speed limit, and stay a safe distance behind them. Especially when I'm travelling outside of my home state. City traffic in the contiguous 48 is bonkers.

Old 10-02-2017, 10:43 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I am one of those guys. We have posted limits for a reason and when you are on back winding roads that might have a walker or bicycle rider around the next curve or possibly a cop with a radar gun there is no reason to speed but boy do people try.
I'm sure I have upset many behind me but I generally drive the limit plus a few mph over whether I'm driving my truck, JeeP or sports car.

What gets me going is when someone is driving under the limit by a good 5-10 mph. This seems to happen whenever I'm running late and it is very frustrating. They could at least go the posted limit.
When I drive that way it depends on the prevailing conditions. When I am driving Route 20 from NYS into MA (as I do once a month) this time of year, when it's near dark, or after dark and foggy on my way back at around midnight, and don't forget it's rutting season, hell no am I going to be going the speed limit, certainly not over it. I've been making that run once a month since 2009, and I am damn lucky to not have hit a deer yet, because I have seen dozens of them over the years.

Old 10-02-2017, 11:58 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
Why would anyone get angry for anyone following the law if speed limit is 55 than I go 55 what’s the problem with following the law. The law is the law so if you are abiding the law why would anyone get mad unless they don’t think the law doesn’t apply to them and they have the right to speed and brake the law. What gets me is when a person gets caught speeding and gets a ticket they get mad at everyone else except themselves.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:02 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Why would anyone get angry for anyone following the law if speed limit is 55 than I go 55 what’s the problem with following the law. The law is the law so if you are abiding the law why would anyone get mad unless they don’t think the law doesn’t apply to them and they have the right to speed and brake the law. What gets me is when a person gets caught speeding and gets a ticket they get mad at everyone else except themselves.
Because people want to go 65 in a 55. So just stay out of the left lane and everyone should be happy.

Old 10-02-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
Because people want to go 65 in a 55. So just stay out of the left lane and everyone should be happy.
And I’ll be waving at you when the cop is writing your speeding ticket.

Old 10-02-2017, 02:13 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,467,077 times
^ and I will be waving at you when the cop is writing your ticket for blocking the left lane

"the law is the law"

Old 10-02-2017, 02:22 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,945,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallysmom View Post
I would consider myself lucky if people would go the speed limit in town. They seem to go way too fast on the freeway, but hit the city streets and they creep along at 20, when the limit is 35. At 25, they barely move. And at red lights....when the light turns green..........we wait.......and start creeping.....and creeping....just press the gas pedal!! I wish I could explain it.
City speed limit is 30 where I live. And we have a lot of people who run reds in this area, so it is foolhardy not to wait until the cross traffic has come to a stop before proceeding.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats234 View Post
^ and I will be waving at you when the cop is writing your ticket for blocking the left lane

"the law is the law"
Were dose it say that you have to go faster than 55 in the left lane, I would not get a ticket you would for speeding. No such law saying left land for speeders. Funny they never teach your way of thinking in drivers ed never seen a person get a ticket for going the speed limit.

Old 10-02-2017, 03:48 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Were dose it say that you have to go faster than 55 in the left lane, I would not get a ticket you would for speeding. No such law saying left land for speeders. Funny they never teach your way of thinking in drivers ed never seen a person get a ticket for going the speed limit.
Giant signs on the side of the road that say "Slower traffic keep right". In many states, it is the law to stay out of the left lane unless you're passing. Just make it easy on yourself: if you insist on adhering precisely to the speed limit, stay out of the left lane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive