Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2017, 02:46 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,281,651 times

Advertisements

Igozoom, thank you very much for all that info!

I typically prefer metallics or black exterior and lighter interiors. Of the 2 I'm considering, the 2016 is light silver and the 2015 is Matador red. Both have black interior, which I've never been a fan of, but with the cooled/ventilated seats, I could get used to it. And it wouldn't show dirt. as much.

I've never been a big red car person, but something about the matador red on the NX is calling out to me! Lol. And the tan/beige color Lexus IS using on the NX is not my fave. It has a lot of yellow in it, which I don't care for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2017, 04:28 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,024,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Both have black interior, which I've never been a fan of, but with the cooled/ventilated seats, I could get used to it. And it wouldn't show dirt. as much.
I just purchased a 2015 L Certified Lexus ES300h. The ventilated seats are awesome! I had heated seats in my last car but not ventilated and it helps with back sweat in the summer

The mouselike interface was surprisingly learn and use. I still use the voice recognition commands more and the OCD side of me likes not having a touch screen anymore so I can be void of fingerprints on the navigation screen.

According to Trucar, the car was priced below the average but I still negotiated on the price and the dealership and I met in the middle. I also received 2 years of free service as part of the CPO warranty.

Old 08-20-2017, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I just purchased a 2015 L Certified Lexus ES300h. The ventilated seats are awesome! I had heated seats in my last car but not ventilated and it helps with back sweat in the summer

The mouselike interface was surprisingly learn and use. I still use the voice recognition commands more and the OCD side of me likes not having a touch screen anymore so I can be void of fingerprints on the navigation screen.

According to Trucar, the car was priced below the average but I still negotiated on the price and the dealership and I met in the middle. I also received 2 years of free service as part of the CPO warranty.
I'm a real estate agent, too! And in Alabama, so I understand the appreciation for ventilated seats.

My husband's vehicle has touch-screen controls and I'm with you.....don't like the smudgy fingerprints.

I looked at the RX first, but to be honest, I drove it back to back against a loaded Platinum Nissan Murano (dealers are right next to each other), and I preferred the Murano to the RX! I was very surprised. And they look so similar. Anyway, they are both large vehicles to only offer 2 rows of seating. I also drove BMW X3, Audi Q5, Mercedes GLC, Acura RDX, etc. and thought the NX would be too small for me. But then I decided to give it a try, and boy am I glad I did! I felt like Goldilocks finding the one that was "just right"

Yep, CPO offers 2 years "free" maintenance plan. I'll always have a soft spot for the German brands, but man....you can't beat the features for the money that Lexus offers. And with the warranty, maintenance plan, AND their stellar reliability......it makes for fiscal sense.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:01 AM

1,088 posts, read 1,445,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN2HSV View Post
Igozoom, thank you very much for all that info!

I typically prefer metallics or black exterior and lighter interiors. Of the 2 I'm considering, the 2016 is light silver and the 2015 is Matador red. Both have black interior, which I've never been a fan of, but with the cooled/ventilated seats, I could get used to it. And it wouldn't show dirt. as much.

I've never been a big red car person, but something about thz matador red on the NX is calling out to me! Lol. And the tan/beige color Lexus IS using on the NX is not my fave. It has a lot of yellow in it, which I don't care for.
My preference is just the opposite of yours- I like my cars to be a lighter color (except gold) and never darker than a 'medium gray'. I only go with black or other dark color interior (when available). I'm glad to see some carmakers bringing back inteiror color options beyond beige/gray/black. In partiuclar, I love the Brown interior that Audi, Hyundai and a few other upscale makes offer. My favorite car out of 13 that I've owned in my 27 years of driving was 1992 Honda Accord EX. It was Taffeta White with Dark Blue interior. I went to Carmax with a coworker recently and we looked at a gorgeous 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ($52k new) and the seats were Indigo Blue leather with Brown piping. Very snazzy, IMO....but I'm getting off point...

How do the 2015 and 2016 compare on price, mileage, features? The 2016 sounds like either Atomic Silver or Silver Lining Metallic. Both are sharp colors on the NX. The Matador Red is one of the more appealing reds that I've seen, but I'm typically not a huge fan of the color. But it does look nice on the NX.

As you have already discovered, the Black interior is definitley preferable to the [hideous] 'Creme' interior coilor option. I don't know what they were thinking but it really stands out like a sore thumb. When my friend and I were visiting dealerships, we both commented how yellow the interior lookedn. There is a third interior option called 'Flaxen' which is sort of a medium taupe-like-color. But I haven't seen it nearly as often as the other two.

You will definitely find those ventilated seats useful in the Alabama heat! My best friend (with the 2016 NX F-Sport) actually lives in Dothan, Alabama......well, Enterprise, AL to be exact. Unfortunately, the seats on the F-Sport aren't available with the ventilated feature. He invested in one of those reflective sunscreens that you place in the windshield when you park outdoors. It seems to keep things workable. BTW, his 2016 NX is Obsidian (Black) with the Black interior. He originally wanted the Obsidian with the black and red leather interior but it wasn't in the cards.....

Good luck and give me a shout if I can answer any other questions!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:39 PM

I think the "Flaxen" is unappealing also....where the Creme is very yellow, Flaxen definitely leans orange. I don't like the 2-tone seats either...makes it very busy, IMO. I don't mind light colored seats and dark carpeting, but not the multi-color seats.

Different strokes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive