Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 04:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times

Advertisements

I could not agree more, CrownVic . . .

Over the 15 plus years I have had Sirius, I have noticed a steady decline in Music vs increase in Chit-Chat and Commercials.

When I first joined and purchased my Lifetime Membership, it was advertised as "Commercial Free Music" . . . unfortunately, anything but that nowadays.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2017, 10:42 AM

182 posts, read 264,268 times
I had a free trial with my new truck and when I read about how they keep your credit card number hostage and automatically charge it if you give it to them, I never renewed it. That is just dishonorable and disrespectful.

I get automated phone calls and junk mail from them all the time, two years later. It's just pathetic and desperate. Not like a professional company at all.

Old 09-03-2017, 11:34 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentleman Jason View Post
I had a free trial with my new truck and when I read about how they keep your credit card number hostage and automatically charge it if you give it to them, I never renewed it. That is just dishonorable and disrespectful.

I get automated phone calls and junk mail from them all the time, two years later. It's just pathetic and desperate. Not like a professional company at all.
Yes, I'm in full agreement about their business practices.

My free trail expires 9/16 and I have a tug-of-war going on in my mind. On the one hand, I don't like the way they do business and thus don't want to do business with them. On the other hand, I have an offer in hand for 6 months for 29.94, $5 a month, for a service that is easily worth twice or three times that to me. As I said, right now there is too much promotion talk. But I think that will get better after the free-for-all promo ends September 5th. And though sometimes the song selection across multiple channels has me going back to my USB media, at other times I've gone for days where the 50s - 80s channels selection is as though I hand picked it myself from my all-time favorites. And during those times, my enjoyment of the service is off the charts.

Bottom line, rationally, is that there is no question the service is worth more than $5/month to me. So my decision boils down to whether I'm going to let my objection to their business practices deprive me of the huge overall benefit it is to have their music in my car.

I know those of you with "smartphones" (I usually call them something else) have other music options like Pandora. I do not have a "smartphone" and never will, so my only other sources are USB, CD, and of course the almost useless AM/FM broadcast bands.

Still have a few days to mull.....

Old 09-03-2017, 02:10 PM

14,249 posts, read 14,737,232 times
Crown

Read the fine print in that offer. If you pay via check or credit card, at the end of the 6 months they will bill you at their standard monthly rate of $15 per month. If you pay by check then they will bill you at the end and let the negotiations begin.

I took the offer and paid by check.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:34 PM

If you pay by check for six months and then they send you an invoice and you don't call to either cancel or negotiate, they will send you to collections and harm your credit. You still have to talk to their salespeople, which not everyone likes to do.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:42 PM

I just got another junk e-mail from them go into my spam folder.

Offer Details: Activate a Select subscription, pay $24.99 for your first 5 months, save 68% off the current monthly rate of $15.99, plus get free activation (an additional $15 savings). Fees and taxes apply. Service will automatically renew every month thereafter and you will be charged according to your chosen payment method at then-current rates. To cancel you must call us at

So you can renew on the internet, but you can't cancel on the internet. You HAVE to listen to their begging sales pitch and tell them why you are canceling. If you don't it automatically charges your credit card $16.00 per month after the first five months

Whatever reason you give them, they act like it's an invalid reason to cancel, so you should keep giving them money. It's really insulting. A lot of cable and internet companies do the same thing.

Old 09-03-2017, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngolf View Post
Crown

Read the fine print in that offer. If you pay via check or credit card, at the end of the 6 months they will bill you at their standard monthly rate of $15 per month. If you pay by check then they will bill you at the end and let the negotiations begin.

I took the offer and paid by check.
Yes, I understand that and have all along. That's one of the business practices, the primary one actually, that I don't like.

I don't want them having my checking account info, either. If I decide to accept the 6-month offer, I'll use my credit card with a plan to cancel at the end as leverage to get the same rate extended, as many others have reported that they've done successfully. That is, of course, assuming I want to continue at that point.

If they give me any trouble cancelling, it is very easy to dispute the charge, so there's no way for them really to get away with anything. Yes, that prospect lying ahead is annoying and is a huge deterrent. But their service puts too many smiles on my face to dismiss subscribing quickly and easily.

One thing's for sure. Regardless of what I decide, I will communicate to them in no uncertain terms my displeasure with their policy.

Old 09-06-2017, 01:20 PM

Got another phone call from them this morning....and this one came as I was listening to a voicemail left by all altogether different caller who was clearly a scammer.

So it was time to write to them. Went to their web page, "contact us" section, and filled out their form with pertinent info. I told them I wanted NO MORE PHONE CALLS and would not agree to their present terms. I told them we could talk business if I could reasonably expect something close to the extension offer price at renewal AND if they provided me a way to cancel online with no hassle or sales pressure.

Clicked submit and waited....watching a circle of dots spin next the the word "submitting....". And waited....and waited....'til the request timed out. Refreshed the screen and resubmitted twice more with the same result. Never went through. At this point I can only assume that Sirius is impossible to contact in writing. Sure glad I confirmed that today and not 6 months from now, trying to cancel.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:08 PM

289 posts, read 219,968 times
Never heard of Cirrus, even google couldn't give me a single hit.

Old 10-31-2019, 07:34 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,515,499 times
I got my renewal yesterday after trial period. Its $22.22 per month. Or $34.73 5 months, $137.58 1 year. These prices include all the taxes. The invoice says if I renew at these prices, it automatically renews at full price.

I want to renew because I'm so use to it now. I'm just Leary of their policy. Especially giving them my credit card. If i send a check plus the $2.00 added charge for sending a check. Can't they use the acct numbers on the check to automatically renew also. So is there a way to do this, without dealing with the auto renewal at full price. If you forget to call at renewal time to whine about the cost your screwed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive