Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 09:20 AM

2,983 posts, read 3,092,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
It's an indisputable fact that BMWs are bad drivers. Everybody already knows this, I just restated this fact for dramatic purposes.

Says you. It's Audi drivers now.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:24 AM

1,218 posts, read 3,470,998 times
nope - although it rarely happens to me as I don't hog the left lane and play traffic cop like some of the posters here. If someone tries to speed up and block me from passing them, they won't be successful

Old 09-08-2017, 09:40 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,950,948 times
I have a problem if the car cuts in front of me close enough to make me hit my brakes. You aren't supposed to change lanes until you can see the car you've just passed in your rear view mirror, not just the side mirror.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:33 AM

20,958 posts, read 45,404,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
The law here in NJ. Keep right, pass on left. Someone doing 60 on the left lane is breaking that law. Ask any NYC or NJ driver, is driving on the left lane at 60 right? Most people here would have a different opinion than you.

If you're enraged by someone pushing you on the left lane, perhaps you're part of the problem. Trying to antagonize on the road could be deadly and I'll be honest and tell you that the person from behind always wins.

So since you think that others should obey that law, you yourself adamantly and religiously obey this law, too, correct?

What is the speed limit in NJ?

New Jersey law sets top speed limits for any given road, street, highway, or freeway. The speed limit, unless otherwise posted, is 25 mph in school zones, business, or residential districts; 35 mph in certain low density business and residential districts; 50 mph on all other roadways; 55 mph on certain state highways (as posted) and all interstates; and 65 mph on certain state highways (as posted).

Then there's these - you obey these all the time, too, since you wouldn't want to insist that others obey one law so that you can break another one, would you?

Old 09-08-2017, 10:43 AM

2,994 posts, read 5,590,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamary1 View Post
What drives me nuts is when I'm in the fast lane, going as fast as I can but not as fast as the guy behind me wants me to go, because THERE IS A CAR IN FRONT OF ME, DAMMIT! I can go no faster than the car in front of me and your being six inches from my rear bumper won't improve that situation. As soon as I can, which may take a few seconds if there's a lot of traffic in the right lane, I get over into the right lane so that he can tailgate the person in front of me, who usually has a car in front of HIM. Rinse and repeat.

THAT's who causes accidents. I fear that the OP is one of those. Kill yourself if you are hellbent on doing so, but please don't take the rest of us with you.

Remember when they used to teach us in driver's ed to leave one car length between us and the car in front for every 10 miles of speed? HAHAHAHAHA! Try leaving four car lengths now and eight cars will try to get in.
There is no such thing as the "fast lane" it's the passing lane. The left lane is not your personal speedway and doesn't allow you to break the law and speed. It's only to pass slower vehicles in the right and when you pass you still need to obey speed limit laws.

What people don't realize too is the left lane law is only for highways and expressways not roads through towns or cities. Lots of people obviously have to make left turns onto streets and into businesses so they need to get into the left lane ahead of time to make the turn. That's what these aggressive drivers dont understand because they think they are purposely hogging the left lane going slow when in reality they are preparing for a turn most of the time.

p.s. like i mentioned in another thread on this subject how do you know a person is in the left lane driving slow backing up traffic? You also are only allowed to be in the passing lane to pass so you are doing the same thing. If the car in the left lane is holding things up you are supposed to get back into the right because you are adding to the problem and doing the same thing.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:52 AM

902 posts, read 863,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Not unless you're two years old. If you're any older than that, then you, yourself, are personally responsible for any "rage" reaction you have, and if you pretend you're not, you're not mature enough to be navigating a multi-thousand pound vehicle around the rest of the public.

Whether you like it or not, that is the case. Pretending that someone else is responsible for your own emotional failures doesn't change that.
Look out everyone, City Data's most infamous Citizen On Patrol is at it again! Lol!

Folks, you can cry all you want about how you're irritating driving style causing road rage in others is not your fault or responsibility. You keep poking the bear and eventually the bear is gonna eat you.

At least you will be able to say with your dying breath;

"It wasn't MY fault.".

I love me some Darwin Award candidates. They provide endless entertainment.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...-womans-murder

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-rage-incident

https://www.click2houston.com/news/w...-harris-county

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/woman...ting/452839566

Keep it up, HorseyLady.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:04 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campfires View Post
Look out everyone, City Data's most infamous Citizen On Patrol is at it again! Lol!

Folks, you can cry all you want about how you're irritating driving style causing road rage in others is not your fault or responsibility. You keep poking the bear and eventually the bear is gonna eat you.

At least you will be able to say with your dying breath;

"It wasn't MY fault.".

I love me some Darwin Award candidates. They provide endless entertainment.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/cour...-womans-murder

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...-rage-incident

https://www.click2houston.com/news/w...-harris-county

Woman survives, boyfriend killed in road rage shooting | WFAA.com

Keep it up, HorseyLady.
So "how's the bear gonna eat somebody"?

Old 09-08-2017, 11:09 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
There is no such thing as the "fast lane" it's the passing lane. The left lane is not your personal speedway and doesn't allow you to break the law and speed. It's only to pass slower vehicles in the right and when you pass you still need to obey speed limit laws.

What people don't realize too is the left lane law is only for highways and expressways not roads through towns or cities. Lots of people obviously have to make left turns onto streets and into businesses so they need to get into the left lane ahead of time to make the turn. That's what these aggressive drivers dont understand because they think they are purposely hogging the left lane going slow when in reality they are preparing for a turn most of the time.

p.s. like i mentioned in another thread on this subject how do you know a person is in the left lane driving slow backing up traffic? You also are only allowed to be in the passing lane to pass so you are doing the same thing. If the car in the left lane is holding things up you are supposed to get back into the right because you are adding to the problem and doing the same thing.
No, the left lane is an HOV lane for fast people, everybody knows that.
I keep my latest time slips in my glovebox in case I get pulled over. That way I can show the cop proof that I'm supposed to be in that lane.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:21 AM

2,495 posts, read 1,872,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post

I think most people use "passing lane" and "fast lane" interchangeably.

Only ten states have an actual law that the left lane is only for passing. Many more state that you must pull over into a slower lane when you are overtaken. And a few don't give a damn what you do in the left lane.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:27 AM

902 posts, read 863,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
So "how's the bear gonna eat somebody"?
I take it you've never heard of a "metaphor" before...? I provided a couple of links to examples of people getting "eaten by the bear". Hopefully they illustrate the basic concept.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive