Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 10:10 AM

30 posts, read 135,941 times

Advertisements

Mr EdJones has very good point about the quality of fuel you but in your ride. My cars sit most of the time, you can only drive one at a time. I believe this to be the root of my past problems. When I quit being a cheap bastard and started using name brand fuel "yes it is worth 10 cent a gallon more" my problems stopped. Please correct me if I'm wrong but your 300Z is pretty sensitive about what fuel she likes to be fed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 PM

266 posts, read 1,234,562 times
I've always used 93 Octane, that's what is recommended by Nissan. Not loyal to any particular gas station whatever is cheapest in my area. One that I go to most often due to proximity is Hess and BP. Don't really know if their gas is inferior or not.
How often are you supposed to change the fuel filter?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:50 AM

30 posts, read 135,941 times
Not to dis BP, We run it in our Company trucks and there serviced at the dealer. In my cars I stick to Exxon,Shell,or Chevron ussually Chevron. My son drives an 91 vette he always fills up at Cosco, as far as changing the filter I do it about every two years about 5K miles. I am afraid of having to go through the injector head-ache again. My boy does it about every 10-12K, but he drives his car daily even in the snow

Old 03-28-2008, 08:00 AM

364 posts, read 1,978,653 times
Good points.

About changing the fuel filter, that's a tricky one. They usually last a long time and you could follow the manufacturer's recommendation.

Now, if you want to track the issues down, change the filter now as you take care of the injector issue. Then change the filter again in a couple of months just to have peace of mind. That will help you determine if the filter was the part at fault to begin with.

Old 06-07-2016, 04:55 PM

2 posts, read 1,169 times
Hi Qmay, I also wanted to ask about the fuel injectors, I was told that I needed them, I have a BMW X3, 2008 my car shake a little and I recently had someone to replace a drive belt tensioner also oil filter stand gasket and oil filter housing cover. The car has about 108,000 miles, looking for a good mechanics to sevice the car. And should I buy my parts online
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive