Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyab523 View Post
I'm out of state so no I didn't see it. I buy all my cars from the south as they are better maintained and have not been exposed to salt and brutal winters. This has been in Dallas
Since before the flood so it's safe, plus I told them I wanted it inspected as a condition of purchase even though it was just inspected by the dealership 3 months ago.
Granted on the winters but what makes you think cars in the south are better maintained?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 03:48 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,259,110 times
Quote:
i went to purchase a car last week with 56,400 miles, when i received the bill of sale the miles were at 61,250. I felt it was unprofessional and also changed the value of the car so i told them i am no longer interested. This weekend they apologized and informed me the car was never for sale on the lot as the owner of the dealership has been using it for the past few months, but it was posted online, they offered the owners number if i wanted to file a complaint and offered to sell it for $1,100 less. I told them a $2,000 discount with an inspection and detailing from the dealer and i would consider it. They agreed to do the inspection and detailing but for the $1,100 discount. I have 5 dealers looking for the color combo and options that i want for over a month and none of them can find it, i am now thinking i should just go ahead with the $1,100 off as they are just shy of trade in value but i wanted trade in cost. The kbb value doesn't take into account the additional 8k in options so in actuality it is a good deal and with the options taken into account they are at trade in. For black book value they are below average trade in and that's again not taking into account all the options. I am just turned off by the dealer, but i'm now thinking i shouldn't let them ruin it for me considering it was a cpo vehicle. What would you do?
walk.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:06 PM

405 posts, read 573,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Granted on the winters but what makes you think cars in the south are better maintained?
In my experience they just appear to be better cars.

Old 10-17-2017, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
walk.
Walk period or walk unless I'm at 57 or close to.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:07 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,214,700 times
Tell them that you'll split the difference and take a 1500 discount. Otherwise walk away and continue shopping. It shouldn't be hard to find a used car with high mileage....find the best one that you can.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
In my experience they just appear to be better cars.
Less rust as a generalization, sure. I suppose maintenance is up to each individual.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:26 PM

Thanks for your advice everyone, I decided $57,300 was my bottom number. They countered at $57,500 which I was expecting. I said are you really going to let a deal go over $200? The seller then said he thinks the owner is done negotiating, he was told to give me that price and send it to the auction tomorrow morning. I said ask him again, let's be done with this and I'll have the payment there by Friday. They finally agreed. I feel more comfortable at that price so I'm satisfied.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Tell them that you'll split the difference and take a 1500 discount. Otherwise walk away and continue shopping. It shouldn't be hard to find a used car with high mileage....find the best one that you can.
You would think so but range rover sport autobiography's hold their value pretty well and are not common. For the 2014-2017 there are 3,241 range rover sports on autotrader, out of those only 124 are autobiograpy's, factor in the options and colors I want that brings it down to 1 available option. Kinda crazy.

Old 10-17-2017, 07:41 PM

44 posts, read 43,772 times
Sounds like everyone met in the middle. Congratulations on your purchase.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:07 AM

3,205 posts, read 2,623,096 times
Quote:
It was a CPO vehicle a few months ago but since it is an independent dealer now its no longer a CPO as only the brand dealership can sell it as a CPO.
Just a quick question after the fact.

Are you saying that this dealer was a factory authorized Land Rover dealer a few months ago but lost their franchise? Or did the current dealer buy the vehicle from a Land Rover dealer a few months ago to flip it?

Old 10-18-2017, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrats2001 View Post
Just a quick question after the fact.

Are you saying that this dealer was a factory authorized Land Rover dealer a few months ago but lost their franchise? Or did the current dealer buy the vehicle from a Land Rover dealer a few months ago to flip it?
The dealer that previous had it was a Land Rover dealership, they then sent it to the auction where the current dealer picked it up. What's weird is the Land Rover dealer certified it and only kept it for 2 weeks before sending it to the auction, hardly enough time to sale it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive