Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 02:50 PM

1,777 posts, read 2,367,382 times

Advertisements

I have a 2010 Camaro with Pirelli P Zeros, which came on the car from the factory, and I am satisfied with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 03:35 PM

11,750 posts, read 14,559,260 times
My brother-in-law bought a new Volvo that came with Pirellis. He was dissatisfied with the durability and they were very expensive to replace.

Old 11-08-2017, 05:07 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
I do not know much about Pirelli tires and was wondering if anyone has experience with them. Sam's is having a great one day sale and we need four new tires.
I bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season tires for both of my cars. The first on a "special one day" sale, the other a few months later but it was still a good deal. For the first car, I was replacing identical tires that had 70k miles on them, which is what they were rated for. I found these tires to be very good on wet roads; I have winter tires on steel wheels for the snow season, so I can't say whether these Pirellis will be good on snow; you'll have to check the TireRack ratings.

I cannot comment on other Pirellis as I have no experience with them.

Edit: I'd recommend calling or stopping in before 11/11 to arrange for them to have the tires you want in stock, in the size you need.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:41 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,780,883 times
For what it is worth, regarding a quiet ride, I found that the thread groove locations have a lot to do with it.
The more square they are to the tire rotation direction, the noisier they are. In other words, if the grooves were in the same direction of the tire rotation then they are super quiet !

So when I am in market for new tires (summer tires only. For winter I am only concerned about traction) I make sure the thread grooves are at least 45 degrees to the rotation direction, especially in the middle of the tire.

Just my opinion.

Old 11-08-2017, 06:51 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,218,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Baustian View Post
I bought Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season tires for both of my cars. The first on a "special one day" sale, the other a few months later but it was still a good deal. For the first car, I was replacing identical tires that had 70k miles on them, which is what they were rated for. I found these tires to be very good on wet roads; I have winter tires on steel wheels for the snow season, so I can't say whether these Pirellis will be good on snow; you'll have to check the TireRack ratings.

I cannot comment on other Pirellis as I have no experience with them.

Edit: I'd recommend calling or stopping in before 11/11 to arrange for them to have the tires you want in stock, in the size you need.
I left out the "Plus." So "Pirelli Cinturato P7 All-Season Plus."

Old 11-08-2017, 10:30 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,130,734 times
I have Pirelli P4s on my Prius. I just had them installed in July and only have 10-12K miles on them, so I can't speak to how well they wear, but I've got no complaints and they haven't led me into a ditch yet. I had an expensive set on a Porsche 924 turbo many years ago and liked them. I can't recall the model number, but they were v-rated. I liked them enough to want the same brand this time... but didn't figure I needed v-rated on the Prius.

Old 11-09-2017, 03:19 AM

91 posts, read 70,631 times
We've used them. We got the P4 on our Subaru and were very happy with them so we replaced them with the same ones 4 years later. Good traction on wet pavement and snow. We use them all year long.

Old 11-09-2017, 06:04 PM

3,961 posts, read 10,958,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Funny. The Scorpion Verdes are what came stock on our new VW Tiguan. Was looking to replace those with something with better wet/snow traction. Just not sure if that will be in the form of a winter tire set or going to a more capable all season like the Continental ExtremeContact DWS.
And for us the stock Michelin rubber started going downhill at just 30k miles, so as those were $200+/- each i figured to give the Pirelli's a try. Couldn't be any worse so may as well save some coin lol

Old 11-15-2017, 08:35 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,823,962 times
I suggest going to tirerack.com and reading the tire reviews for your specific car. I have found that tires that are good for one car and not necessarily good for another model. Had an Acura RL once with Michelins, replaced with Bridgstone and the car handled so much better. Same for my wife's mini cooper going from run-flats to regular tires.

As for Sam's I have probably bought 5 sets of tires from my local Sam's and they are great for price and service. They just get the job done and don't try to sell you a bunch of other stuff and services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive