Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 09:50 PM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackandgold51 View Post
I don't want to waste fuel quick

Really? The difference in fuel economy between an assertive driver and a traffic blocking, inconsiderate doofus is negligible. You are the problem, self-righteous attitude notwithstanding. Driving significantly faster or slower than traffic is dangerous, period. Your obsession with fuel economy doesn't excuse narcissistic, dangerous behavior. I hope you sleep well at night knowing you and your ilk are responsible for untold traffic injuries and fatalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 10:04 PM

7,448 posts, read 7,580,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
In this case you are not emotionally mature or competent enough to be allowed behind the wheel of a multi-ton weapon (which is what it becomes in the hands of children who have no control over their emotions).
I'm very mature and competent. I also have very good control over my emotions. I'm just a Type A personality.

Old 05-12-2019, 12:31 AM

1,809 posts, read 5,418,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaErik View Post
I'm very mature and competent. I also have very good control over my emotions. I'm just a Type A personality.
Ok Mr. Craig Toomey

Old 05-12-2019, 07:50 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I get tired of people that make their turns so slowly that I nearly have to come to a complete stop behind them. Some people act like they think their car might tip over or something. If this were back in the 70s I might understand it, but cars today handle incredibly well, even trucks.

Old 05-12-2019, 08:01 AM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
These real tall SUV's just might tip over.

Old 05-12-2019, 01:14 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,383,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Down there by your right foot is the accelerator pedal. Learn it. Live it. Love it. What are you afraid of? I'm 25 years older than you, regularly drive 25mph over the limit, haven't had an accident in...never, and haven't gotten a traffic ticket in 25 years. Learn from me. Nobody EVER tailgates me or cuts me off.

YOU. ARE. THE. PROBLEM. Drive like you mean it or get out of the way. You and Horselady are free to wallow down the road like a couple of clueless manatees, but leave the rest of us alone.

One wonders how many accidents you've caused by your entitled driving (25 over the limit? Really? I spy either exaggeration or rampant compensation at work here), then merrily gone on down the road never knowing the damage you've caused.

I have no real problem with speeding (have been known to do it myself, imagine that) as long as it is not excessive. What I DO have a problem with is the kind of attitude that you display, which makes you incompetent to share the road with others, on the part of anyone behind the wheel of an automobile on public roads. Professional race drivers, too, have a problem with it, because it causes a danger to others. (The most conservative drivers on public roads that I've ever known have been professional drivers, for much the same reason that an actual black belt doesn't go into public bars and pick fights. Nothing to prove, unlike those who have to show off in public, and they know that the responsibility for any harm is theirs because they ARE the professionals.)

As for your screen name - clearly it is a desperate cry for something you very much need yourself.

Old 05-12-2019, 03:44 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I think the major reasons why I drive fast or go fast these days because the traffic light system has been so badly timed or setup it makes you wanna mash the gas and beat the next light so you don't end up getting stuck with red lights.

You'll noticed that well coordinated and timed traffic lights setup for high volume traffic usually leads to less accidents and traffic jams. Streets that have too many traffic lights and too short duration have the most accidents and traffic jams.

There's a street around my house where the opposite side gets around 5 mins of green light while the adjacent gets only 2 mins of green light. In the morning this difference becomes epically bad. So the town changed it so it's not the same and the traffic is much better.

Technology today especially the pace of cars have out paced most street designs especially speed limit signs and traffic lights are severely outdated by the ability of cars today.

Decades ago they planned that certain lights only allow a certain amount of cars while traveling at 25mph is long dead. Today most cars travel on these roads in excess of 40mph and a lot of people drive fast to beat the next light and that's why it seems like people are in such a hurry.

Old 05-13-2019, 08:22 AM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I get tired of people that make their turns so slowly that I nearly have to come to a complete stop behind them. Some people act like they think their car might tip over or something. If this were back in the 70s I might understand it, but cars today handle incredibly well, even trucks.
Just wait until the self driving cars become the norm. I am told the Tesla takes corners at white knuckled speeds. That is one of the more significant problems according to my family members who have one. (The other is it does not dodge potholes or roadkill). but it will certainly corner fast enough for you and the operators of cars will opt for the auto driving system as soon as they can get it (drivers typically will not).

Old 05-25-2019, 11:44 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post
Yep, someone else with delusions of competence behind the wheel. A danger to themselves and others, with a bad case of incompetence to deal with delayed gratification and entitlement syndrome.
Just because I like to.drive fast doesn't mean I'm a danger, or incompetant, or have any delusions. I'm not even going to speak on wtf ever delayed gratification and entitlement syndrome diatribe is. You're judging.me on.my driving habits and skill to which you don't know about. The fact I said I drive for a living, should be proof of competance, and have heen doing so for years now. I know you're more.pragmatic than that. It is what it is. Fast is also relative, I never said how fast, just that I drive fast. Get off your high horse.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:46 PM

128 posts, read 66,071 times
In my opinion, stress plays a big role in this behavior. ... While there are a few people who are aware of driving recklessly, most are totally unaware of what they..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive