Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 04:04 AM

15,420 posts, read 9,075,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Who says Google will even still be around in several more decades as fast as things change lately. They could go the way of Lycos.
LOL, Lycos is still around. They never really were very relevant.

Google is not going to disappear anytime soon. They have way too much money, and they don't even have to pay more than 2% taxes on it, if that. How can they lose? They will just become an internet monopoly, and make even more money.

Lycos.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2018, 07:09 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL, Lycos is still around. They never really were very relevant.

Google is not going to disappear anytime soon. They have way too much money, and they don't even have to pay more than 2% taxes on it, if that. How can they lose? They will just become an internet monopoly, and make even more money.

Lycos.com.
They’re irrelevant, nobody knows they exist. Yahoo has been on the decline, same will eventually happen with Google.

Old 01-20-2018, 09:19 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
They’re irrelevant, nobody knows they exist. Yahoo has been on the decline, same will eventually happen with Google.
Like it did with Apple and Microsoft?

Old 01-20-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
The point is, Lycos is still around, and not going away anytime soon. And Google is going to be around even longer.

Old 01-22-2018, 06:01 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
A Tesla ran into a firetruck today on the TV news in the Los Angeles area. The driver said the car was on autopilot.

Old 01-22-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
A Tesla ran into a firetruck today on the TV news in the Los Angeles area. The driver said the car was on autopilot.
LOL. Tesla still trying to kill off their customers, literally. This is why many of us will refuse to ever get in one of these deathtraps. I don't know about anybody else, my driving is not perfect and I have had a few accidents. But I have been driving over 40 years and I have never once come close to driving into the back of a big red fire truck parked with it's emergency lights on. I have never once tried to drive underneath a semi truck, and I have never once swerved into the side of a 60 foot long bus to avoid running over a sandbag. These machines are not better at driving then I am. If my driving ever gets worse then this dumb technology, I will give up driving. But I will never own a self driving car, ever.

[/url]

Tesla 'on Autopilot' slams into parked fire truck on freeway

Old 01-23-2018, 09:39 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL. Tesla still trying to kill off their customers, literally. This is why many of us will refuse to ever get in one of these deathtraps. I don't know about anybody else, my driving is not perfect and I have had a few accidents. But I have been driving over 40 years and I have never once come close to driving into the back of a big red fire truck parked with it's emergency lights on. I have never once tried to drive underneath a semi truck, and I have never once swerved into the side of a 60 foot long bus to avoid running over a sandbag. These machines are not better at driving then I am. If my driving ever gets worse then this dumb technology, I will give up driving. But I will never own a self driving car, ever.

[/url]

Tesla 'on Autopilot' slams into parked fire truck on freeway

Well, a learning curve is to be expected....

Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 AM

8,166 posts, read 8,526,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Sounds to me like a serious case of failure to read and heed the owner's manual.

Old 01-23-2018, 12:28 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,158,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Us on the retirement forum don't need to worry about driverless cars thank goodness.
Funny - I'd think you on the retirement forum would be their number one users once you get your licenses taken away.

Old 01-24-2018, 01:17 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,270,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Exactly, that's how AI works. Once the car crashes into two or three fire trucks it will know to avoid them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive