Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:13 PM

369 posts, read 1,639,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
The new Buick
ugh, I hope you don't mean the Enclave. In my opinion, ugliest hunk of junk since the Pontiac Aztek.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2008, 08:46 PM

3,343 posts, read 10,934,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by holloway1010 View Post
ugh, I hope you don't mean the Enclave. In my opinion, ugliest hunk of junk since the Pontiac Aztek.
Wow, i'm 29 and never thought i would ever like a Buick, but i love that thing! I drove past a white one today and it looked really nice!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM

2,221 posts, read 2,926,381 times
I love my Expedition. Fits 7 comfortably and can squeeze in a few more. With the 4x4 and tow package, it does about anything you want it to.

Old 03-25-2008, 11:33 PM

369 posts, read 1,639,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Wow, i'm 29 and never thought i would ever like a Buick, but i love that thing! I drove past a white one today and it looked really nice!
Really. The first time I saw those things I was taken aback by how much I hated them.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:34 AM

652 posts, read 2,663,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
I can't say if the newer ones get better or worse than mine. Mine is older (a '99) and still runs like the day it rolled out of the plant. Yes I do get those figures on the road and in town. The problem with the big buggers is that they like heavy duty tires. I get decent mileage for it's size and so does one of my very good friends up here. He also runs a 99 Suburban and gets the same as I do for mileage. Like I said at the start though, I don't know what the newer ones do for mileage. Mine is over what the "experts" said it would get, but I keep it in tune and keep a watch on the tires and other mechanicals.
I have a 99 suburban as well. the gas milage is about the same. hwy 20-22, city 15-17 and towing 10. It varies a lot for some reason. I thought my good gas mileage was due to having a 4X2 instead of 4X4. guess not.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:47 AM

652 posts, read 2,663,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailvasally View Post
I have a 99 suburban as well. the gas milage is about the same. hwy 20-22, city 15-17 and towing 10. It varies a lot for some reason. I thought my good gas mileage was due to having a 4X2 instead of 4X4. guess not.
I forgot to add. We also have a 94 explorer. all things being equal (trying to time the years and such) gas milage is close with the two and the explorer always has something (minor) wrong with it. We have had 2 major problems with the suburban (but I think they fixed those with the new ones) and no minor ones. first there was a major electrical issue seccond the rear end went while towing. both of those were listed in consumer reports as issues and we bought an extended warranty (not through a dealership) which covered it.

If I were to buy another SUV it would be the suburban in a heart beat! I love that truck. We will be getting a pick up when that dies though.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:08 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CortlandGirl79 View Post
Yeah, I'm 28 and I love the Enclave too. I'd probably consider the Outlook first though, it's basically the same vehicle but lower priced.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:11 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emailvasally View Post
Ya'll are right on about the gas mileage for the Suburban's. I've had a 99 and currently have a 2002 Z71 4x4 Suburban. Bought both brand new. Only traded the 99 for the 02 because they were doing 0% interest so I was able to get a car 3 years newer w/ 0 miles on it for payments LESS than I was making on the 99 w/ 50K miles on it. In both Suburban's we have traveled MANY road trips along w/ towing our Seadoo's and other trailers. NEVER had a problem w/ anything going out or towing. Only things that have gone wrong were so minor that you could schedule it to be fixed the next time it was in for routine service. My hubby is ADAMANT when it comes to tires and he does like the bigger tires. He is also ADAMANT about keeping them VERY well kept so oil changes, filters, brakes, etc, etc, etc are probably done in overkill. BUT, I get GREAT gas mileage and most times better than friends that drive minivans that are SUPPOSED to get better gas mileage. I can easily get 20mpg or more on the highway in my Suburban and also did w/ the 99. The FlexFuel option was not around in 02 but from what I've heard from those that have bought the new ones w/ it is that it doesn't get any better mileage. I'd rather save my money and have my PAID OFF 02 Suburban which was made in ARLINGTON, TEXAS .

Now, the one thing I SOOOOOO miss about my 99 Suburban is the size of gas tank it has. The 02 has a MUCH smaller gas tank . Going on vacation w/ friends in minivans we had to practically stop every 200 miiles for them to get gas. The 99 Suburban could make the entire trip on one tank . Now THAT is saving gas if you really think about it.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:57 PM

Here's an interesting list: List of GM factories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-26-2008, 07:59 PM

An even better list: 2008 GM Vehicles Built by UAW Members in the United States (http://www.uawlocal1590.org/Pages/Misc/2008_UAW_GM_American_Made_Cars_And_Trucks.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive