Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2018, 09:20 PM

905 posts, read 791,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
I don't understand GM sometimes. They make awesome cars, but then come up short in the part of the car owners see the most...the interior. If they put a Mercedes interior in a Cadillac, they would take over the world.
Buick for some reason gets almost Lexus like quality scores, but otherwise is ...meh. Can't they get Buick reliability, Mercedes interior, and Cadillac performance. Two of the three they already have in their pocket.
GM seems to be run by accountants, first and foremost. Always an obvious nickel cut here, dime cut there. The dedication is to profits, not products. It doesn't mean there aren't a lot of talented individuals there doing their best, but it's its own worst enemy sometimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 AM

2,025 posts, read 4,176,333 times
GM is a company that exists to support its past employees pension costs and shareholders, and they make cars to do that. It's not about the cars anymore. Hasn't been since the 60's

Old 06-03-2018, 09:24 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomadAK View Post
GM is a company that exists to support its past employees pension costs and shareholders, and they make cars to do that. It's not about the cars anymore. Hasn't been since the 60's
Gm makes some of the best vehicles in the world look at the Buick division, along with the Chevrolet division and the large SUV market. The Chevy volt and the Bolt are one of the best dual electric/ gasoline powered cars on the market, Tesla can only wish they can produce the amount of cars that GM can. Buick is the best selling car in China.

Old 06-03-2018, 10:58 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmd69 View Post
Mitsubishi
Mitsubishi has experienced significant sales growth and is now part of the Nissan/Renault Alliance. They will probably corner the low-income but want a new car with a long warranty market, since Hyundai and Kia have moved up market. They're not going anywhere.

Old 06-03-2018, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Gm makes some of the best vehicles in the world look at the Buick division, along with the Chevrolet division and the large SUV market. The Chevy volt and the Bolt are one of the best dual electric/ gasoline powered cars on the market, Tesla can only wish they can produce the amount of cars that GM can. Buick is the best selling car in China.
I see far more Teslas here in northern Michigan than Volts and haven't seen a Bolt on the street, our local dealer won't touch then. But enjoy that fanboy love of GM, all they do well is trucks, I have a couple of them.....one decided to burn the blower motor and tried to set the whole truck on fire. Yep, that's quality!

Old 06-03-2018, 07:54 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,421,309 times
Quote:
I see far more Teslas here in northern Michigan than Volts and haven't seen a Bolt on the street, our local dealer won't touch then. But enjoy that fanboy love of GM, all they do well is trucks, I have a couple of them.....one decided to burn the blower motor and tried to set the whole truck on fire. Yep, that's quality!
Yep I’m a fan of GM alright they fed my family for over 30 years when my father was alive he retired from them as a proud UAW member. And how old are those trucks you have that the blower motor went out. And as far as your local dealership they have to sell anything GM tells them to sell or GM will close them down and pull their franchise license. And in Michigan there is no Tesla dealership and are not allowed to sell in Michigan because they have no brick and mortar store front.

http://fortune.com/2016/09/16/tesla-...ense-michigan/

Old 06-04-2018, 01:19 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Cooper.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:51 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Quote:
GM makes just as good of a car as anybody else.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:47 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,671,817 times
Quote:
Someone correct me if I am wrong but aren't Buicks rebadged
Opels in the North American market?

Old 06-04-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Yep I’m a fan of GM alright they fed my family for over 30 years when my father was alive he retired from them as a proud UAW member. And how old are those trucks you have that the blower motor went out. And as far as your local dealership they have to sell anything GM tells them to sell or GM will close them down and pull their franchise license. And in Michigan there is no Tesla dealership and are not allowed to sell in Michigan because they have no brick and mortar store front.

Tesla Denied Dealership License in Michigan | Fortune

Then how do I see all those Teslas? And no Bolts?

The bride and I were watching a show about the manufacture of various sporty cars. The Audis built in a gleaming spotless factory by workers dressed in uniflrms , and then they showed Camaros being built in a grubby assembly line by slovenly workers dressed in greasy jeans and t- shirts. Said a lit about GM.

As for the "GM makes as good a car as anyone else" hah. The last GM I bought new blew the transmission into shredded little bits of broken gears at 62k, and this was a known issue with a TSB to address it, and the dealer refused to follow said TSB and would only replace the tranny. No other car went tango uniform at 60k. Ridiculous. I hope Heather at "GM customer service" lost her job during the bankruptcy, that's my GM experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive