Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 11:36 AM

3,255 posts, read 1,721,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Literally eight minutes passed between these two posts. How obsessed with an SUV can you be to want to talk about it THAT much?Because it's a boring soccer mom mobile that doesn't stick in anyone's mind for longer than it takes to see one on the street. Why are you so concerned, anyways? Are you asking people to talk about the vehicles they want to be brought back into production or the vehicles you want to be brought back into production?

The Pilot never went away. Today's generation is not functionally or spiritually different from the seven-year-old version you like so much.
I am just giving it some praise that's all. Oh for **** sake's even the S2000 and Prelude are under-mentioned options.

It might not be fun from your angle, but it's at exceptional of an awesome vehicle as they come. Hell I even seen a couple of videos of off-road driving with the Honda Pilot. Yep I can claim it can handle better than even a Jeep, though is been probably like 4 or 5 years since I watched those videos so finding them might not be easy.

The design especially was very deep and innovative.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 01:15 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,186,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Why no Honda Pilot?
They still make the Pilot. It's quite good.

I would say Ford Ranger, but Ford finally got their head out of their butt and is bringing back the Ranger this year.

Another vehicle I would bring back is a Toyota compact pickup that's actually compact and rugged, in the vein of a first-generation ('95-04) Tacoma. The new Tacoma is almost the size of a full size truck, I think it's even bigger than the T-100 was.

Honda Prelude.

Honda CR-Z. The CR-Z flopped because it wasn't sporty enough and it was a two seater. My mom likes hers though. Put a couple small back seats in and offer an Si version and I bet it will be a lot more successful.

Accord V6 and coupe. Seriously, Honda?

Old 02-24-2018, 01:43 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,161,355 times
Quote:
I am just giving it some praise that's all.
You're doing a little bit more than that. Understand that nobody is required to agree with you, nor respond to your praise in a freakin' 480 seconds (that passed between two of your posts on the subject). And it can be all kinds of awesome, but you seem to be the only one that thinks so. Plus, like I and others have said - the Pilot is still being produced. Maybe not in the retrograde version you seem to think is OK, but I can promise you can buy one at a Honda dealership.
Quote:
Yep I can claim it can handle better than even a Jeep, though is been probably like 4 or 5 years since I watched those videos so finding them might not be easy.
Actually, unless you've driven both of them in similar circumstances, you can only claim that others claim that it handles better than a Jeep.

Old 02-24-2018, 02:12 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
They do not. Just double-checked Merc's website - AMG Line and Avantgarde, no E63. C and S class only, but we get those.

What I really wish we got was the A45 AMG (not the melty CLA we do get in that class). Such a fun little car to toss around.
I got it from this, maybe they made it themselves?

https://youtu.be/G5xE1BX1gdQ

Old 02-24-2018, 02:15 PM

17,314 posts, read 22,056,580 times
Quote:
For me it would be
-Honda S2000
-Honda Element
-Dodge Viper
-Chrysler PT Cruiser
-Nissan Xterra
Sheesh, I knew I had some others in mind, could have swore.
I bet you can still buy a new Viper sitting on a dealer lot somewhere......

Old 02-24-2018, 02:29 PM

6,559 posts, read 7,139,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Here’s a few for him, all sorts of years still available.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...Code1=SRTVIPER

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...delCode1=VIPER

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...delCode1=VIPER

Old 02-24-2018, 03:15 PM

220 posts, read 145,581 times
The whole lineup of '57 Plymouth, Dodge, DeSoto, Chrysler, Imperial.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
I got it from this, maybe they made it themselves?

https://youtu.be/G5xE1BX1gdQ
I've searched far and wide online and have found no reference to an AMG E63 coupe. Given these guys are tuners, it's entirely possible they took a regular E coupe and stuffed an E63 engine into it. That might make it an AMG E63 Coupe in spirit, but it's a one-off. Given they've taken liberties with its top speed (380 kph or 236 mph, even with race fuel, given its current aero package, will launch this car into the stratosphere), I would not at all be surprised that they've taken liberties with the nomenclature, as well.

Old 02-24-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
A Viper I get, but how anyone could wish for a re-birth of a PT Cruiser is beyond me (unless said person had never actually been in or driven one). It looked cute, but that novelty wore off quickly and the driving experience was, in a word, putrid.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:03 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
I want a Tacoma the same size as the 96 one I owned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive