Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:43 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Look at the Cooper tire line. I've found them to be a wonderful tire that will increase the comfort of your ride while they also improve foul weather handing. Really comfy ride! What they are not is a racing tire..........

Goodyear tires have a tendency to be made with rubber compounds that are to hard for long mileage demands that have poor wet traction.
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...orTred+Touring

Boy are you right, I HATE mine. My vehicle is too light for these noisy tires, which are poor in the rain.
Ratings on tires are nonsense, I should have done more homework.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2018, 09:44 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
As always, I suggest TireRack to learn about tires and how to decide what you want. "Performance tires for acceleration AND CORNERING Are not good rain tires.
That's who I used, they get an F.

Old 03-21-2018, 01:29 PM

9,398 posts, read 11,147,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
You don’t plan on driving spiritedly often?

My 2017 Acura TLX is used mainly as a commuter. That commute consist of 19 miles of straight road with 1 left turn and 1 right turn. There’s no twisty’s or any where to really push the car where I live. No its not a sports sedan but it has some sporty characteristics.

What I’m really looking for is overall better wet/dry traction than what I currently have on these god awful Goodyear Eagle LS2’s. Can anyone recommend a quality tire that would meet those needs? I live in Florida and rainy season is approaching. I refuse to drive another summer with these crap tires. They’re flat out dangerous in the rain.
Ha! LS2 are pure garbage, I've gotten rid of a couple of sets on new cars because they are el junko.

I've been looking around because I'm using snow tires now but most winter tires have pretty poor wet performance. And the way streets are cleared, I drive more often in wet than deep snow conditions.

So...I'm looking at BFG G-FORCE COMP 2 A/S and General Altimax RT43. Tire Rack is where I do 95% of my research.

The thing about high performance tires is they'll typically give you more of an edge in emergency conditions, braking and swerving/dodging/cornering, and in the wet (if properly chosen) than your standard junk all season tire like Badyear LSDs as I call them. I gave up on Goodyear long ago, most of their lines are mediocre or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive