Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 08:37 AM

50,794 posts, read 36,486,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Illinois View Post
Sorry but what you want isn't going to happen. Some people see a car as just a machine not an object to love as you do. Quit worrying about your "love object" and live your life.
Wow, that's pretty judgemental. Everyone has objects they love, whether it's a piece of art or a piece of jewelry or a car. I parked my '89 Trans Am way out in the back of the lot back in the day, but didn't have to worry people would park next to me and walk 1/4 mile just to spite me then, I guess the a**hole wasn't in as quite full bloom as it is now. What on earth would prompt such a response??

I sat in the driveways on Saturdays with a bucket of soapy water and a toothbrush cleaning the dozens tiny holes in those wheels, who are you to say it should have been just a machine to ME, and that I shouldn't worry about some a** scratching it after spending half the lovingly polishing it.

It's one thing if someone takes up two spots down front, or parks in front and expects no one to park near him. But if you take the time to go to the farthest reaches of the lot with a million empty spaces, why on earth should anyone expect someone to park right next to them?

Who are you to tell people what they should value?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 01:09 PM

1,095 posts, read 1,056,693 times
Quote:
Sorry but what you want isn't going to happen. Some people see a car as just a machine not an object to love as you do. Quit worrying about your "love object" and live your life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
So, you wouldn't mind if a guest in your house scraped their muddy feet all over your nice carpet and then spilled a glass of red wine on it because after all, it's just a carpet and not a 'love object', right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdlife619 View Post
Thank you!

Many of you understand where I’m coming from. I’m not trying to sound like I’m whining, because this is an real problem that happens to a lot of us especially if we own nice cars. If you just purchased a nice new or used vehicle, wouldn’t you want to make sure it stays looking that way?

Now some people might not care, and park next to everyone else in a parking lot, which is fine and is a personal decision for many reasons.

Something we care about we tend to say we “love it”, it doesn’t matter what it is, it could be a nice appliance object. All it means is that we “care” about the things we own. We want it to last and look like the day it was knew, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

This goes for your home as well, if nobody cared about about anything, we all would live like savages in 3rd world conditions.

I also own classic cars, so I am very protective over them. What gets me too, is how you could be parked all by yourself in a parking lot with say 15 open spots, there’s not one car in site, so you decide to park at the very end to avoid other drivers parking next to you. But when you get back, there’s someone parked next to it when they had 15 other open spots for themselves to choose from and they still decided to park next to your car???? This has happened to me many times as well and I am seriously flabbergasted by it.

Definitely small minded people in this case.
Some people are simply to busy to bother with all the fine points in life that give other people heartburn. I call those people snobs when they look down on other people for not meeting "their" standards.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:38 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Some people are simply to busy to bother with all the fine points in life that give other people heartburn. I call those people snobs when they look down on other people for not meeting "their" standards.

So, in your opinion people who resent their property being damaged by others are snobs?

The TOS forbid me from giving my opinion about that.

Old 03-25-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
To be quite frank it is you who sounds snobby in this thread.

Old 03-25-2018, 04:52 PM

666 posts, read 643,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I don't know a single woman who would go out of their way to park a distance away. I have only seen guys do that.
Wrong. (As is women needing to "be in a pack" but some posts aren't worth responding to.)

Old 03-25-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by janet bubby View Post
Wrong. (As is women needing to "be in a pack" but some posts aren't worth responding to.)
His post must have been before mine! He probably didn't know any girls who sat in the driveway doing detail work on their cars for hours, but that was me, too.

Old 03-25-2018, 06:53 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,948,338 times
Parking far away from the other cars is an invite to have somebody mess with your car.

Old 03-26-2018, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Parking far away from the other cars is an invite to have somebody mess with your car.
That's a shame, it didn't used to be.

Old 03-26-2018, 06:21 AM

15,432 posts, read 25,814,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Why?

Old 03-26-2018, 09:01 AM

455 posts, read 598,356 times
Quote:
I can only hope you surrender your driver's license and get a lifetime bus pass.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive