Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 07:22 AM

6,590 posts, read 11,284,036 times

Advertisements

All weather. Just easier to clean and maintain. Take it out when you wash the car and hose the stuff off. Even if you don't live in a 4 season area, I'd think you'd still be tracking dirt, etc. onto the carpeted mat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2018, 08:29 AM

3,631 posts, read 7,669,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian_M View Post
all-weather/rubber. My vehicles are practical tools, it only takes ONE instance of getting diesel/oil on your shoes while filling up to stain carpet, and that's something most of us can't avoid.
This ^^^; and if possible choose a model with dark shade of carpet to begin with.

Old 03-25-2018, 12:17 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
I didn't think all weather would look good in my sports car, but I also don't always have the cleanest shoes, so I put fitted clear vinyl mats over the nice carpet ones.

Old 03-25-2018, 01:01 PM

10,889 posts, read 7,382,548 times
I've got rubber mats in front and back and in the trunk. WONDERFUL. It's wet here, and I tend to carry messy stuff in the trunk; plants, pottery supplies, grout. The mats just hose off and the carpet stays pristine.

Well, I did have rubber mats; sold them with the car last week. Buyer was thrilled with the condition.

Old 03-27-2018, 12:44 PM

8,712 posts, read 6,756,695 times
Frankly, I've never understood why cars have carpets at all. It's not like you ride around barefoot in them.

Then putting carpet mats on top of carpet - this is nothing but padding cost for the dealer's benefit. All cars should come with good, fitted, well-styled rubber mats over a sound-deadening rubberized floor.

Old 03-27-2018, 07:36 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,174,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
When buying a new vehicle if given the option, which type of floor mats would you choose? I was in such a rush to get out the dealer with my new car that I forgot to ask them to switch the carpeted mats for all weather. Went back to the dealer and bought those all weather mats. I’ve had those cheap mats you can buy at Walmart or Autozone but they never seem to fit right nor have enough grip to hold the mat in place. I didn’t throw away the carpeted mats. This car has hooks to hold the mats in place. Personally, I’d love to get rid of the floor carpeting entirely but that’s not going to happen.
A better option is to buy a set of Husky or WeatherTech molded floor liners. You would have to pay a lot more at the dealership than buying it from Amazon, Cabela's, and other online stores. The Husky and WeatherTech molded floor liners are designed to fit your vehicle, and the floor edges are raised to prevent water from flowing out and into the carpet. The same for the Cabela's floor liners sells their own brand, as well as the other two mentioned above.

Old 03-27-2018, 08:33 PM

3,177 posts, read 6,821,785 times
I removed the carpeted mats and installed Weathertech liners. I have a dog so it is easier to clean the inside of the car this way.

Old 03-28-2018, 04:08 AM

17,614 posts, read 17,649,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Frankly, I've never understood why cars have carpets at all. It's not like you ride around barefoot in them.

Then putting carpet mats on top of carpet - this is nothing but padding cost for the dealer's benefit. All cars should come with good, fitted, well-styled rubber mats over a sound-deadening rubberized floor.
Not saying this is the reason, but one advantage to carpet is sound proofing. It helps to reduce sound from under the car. The combination of the carpet and under padding acts to reduce noise.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:05 AM

6,545 posts, read 7,127,359 times
I clap my feet together sometimes more then once almost everytime I get in my vehicles, even in summer, easiest way to keep snow, dirt, sand out of my vehicle.

Old 03-28-2018, 07:37 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,574,109 times
Rubber floor mats always look dirty. Carpeted floor mats look clean and classy so long as they’re kept vacuumed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive