Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2018, 01:26 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,959,480 times

Advertisements

Anyone who buys a car solely to impress the opposite sex is genuinely, wholeheartedly, absolutely ridiculous and sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2018, 01:48 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
If that’s the only way to impress a woman you’re a looser.

Old 05-03-2018, 01:55 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,551,890 times
Well OP, there you have it. The collective response from the peanut gallery of those who have mostly come to accept (and even appreciate) the "not tonight, I have a headache" lifestyle. Ha! (I am one of them, so I can make fun of us).

Our advice? Get a puppy, find a park, and take a walk. :-)

....and, you're welcome!

Old 05-03-2018, 03:37 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,952,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrolman View Post
Same here.
I have a hard time finding a "non-pilot" guy that has the ***** to go up with me.

Old 05-03-2018, 04:15 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,129,944 times
A horse and a chicken grew up together on the farm, and they were the best of friends. They went everywhere together. One day the horse waded into the pond to get a drink, and he realized that his feet were stuck in the mud and that he was sinking. He yelled for the chicken and said, "I'm stuck in the mud and sinking, go get help, go get the farmer!"

The chicken ran to the house and, realizing the farmer wasn't home, grabbed the car keys, flapped to the garage, backed out the BMW, drove down by the barn, got a length of rope, sped back to the pond, tied the rope to the bumper of the car, threw the other end to the horse, and pulled the horse out of the water.

A couple of weeks later the chicken stepped into a mud puddle in the farm yard and realized that her feet were stuck and that she was sinking.

She hollered for the horse, "Go get the car!"

The horse said, "I don't need the car."

He stepped over the mud puddle, straddled it with one foot on each edge, and said, "grab my pecker and pull yourself out."

The moral of this story is: If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a BMW to pick up chicks.

Old 05-03-2018, 05:55 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
A horse and a chicken grew up together on the farm, and they were the best of friends. They went everywhere together. One day the horse waded into the pond to get a drink, and he realized that his feet were stuck in the mud and that he was sinking. He yelled for the chicken and said, "I'm stuck in the mud and sinking, go get help, go get the farmer!"

The chicken ran to the house and, realizing the farmer wasn't home, grabbed the car keys, flapped to the garage, backed out the BMW, drove down by the barn, got a length of rope, sped back to the pond, tied the rope to the bumper of the car, threw the other end to the horse, and pulled the horse out of the water.

A couple of weeks later the chicken stepped into a mud puddle in the farm yard and realized that her feet were stuck and that she was sinking.

She hollered for the horse, "Go get the car!"

The horse said, "I don't need the car."

He stepped over the mud puddle, straddled it with one foot on each edge, and said, "grab my pecker and pull yourself out."

The moral of this story is: If you're hung like a horse, you don't need a BMW to pick up chicks.
So just walk around with your pants down?
A nice car is a far more legal way of advertising one’s alpha status.

Old 05-03-2018, 06:09 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Expat View Post
Yeah most women give about 2 seconds thought to what car you drive anyway so buy something you want. Women tend to look at the total package of how you dress (more important than the car you drive), how fit you are, how handsome you are and most importantly your personality (charm rating).
If you want a specific type of fish you need the right lure.
If you’re after skinny blond college chicks, taking her out in a ‘94 Impala with 25” spinners is probably not going to help.

Never underestimate the power of materialism.

Old 05-03-2018, 07:14 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
Ah. The internet.

Where nobody claims they do anything to get attention from the opposite sex. All 100% authentic what you see is what you get authenticity and patting themselves on the back.

Sure....
No one said that.
We're talking cars here.

I will tell you, though, I learned in college that I attracted the most people by being myself and pursuing interests I wanted to pursue and dressing how I wanted to dress, etc.

People can read a fake and they can tell when you are not authentic.

And everyone loves the look of someone who talks about something they have real passion for.

So I gave up posing and posturing a long time ago. It's not something I pat myself on the back about, but it has made my life a lot more enjoyable.

Old 05-03-2018, 09:09 PM

506 posts, read 509,719 times
My wife never cared about those flashy cars, and nor do I.

We both like trucks.

We like practicality.

I find people who show off expensive items are not really rich. They are usually deep in debt. I'm more impressed with people who have zero debts. Cars are depreciating assets.

Even Sam Walton drove an old pickup with chewed-up steering wheel by his dog.

“Rich people have big libraries while poor people have big tv's."

Old 05-03-2018, 10:37 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,419,652 times
Everything. Everything. Everything humans/animals do is to impress the opposite sex. The name of the game is procreation.

Last edited by NARFALICIOUS; 05-03-2018 at 11:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive