Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2018, 04:49 AM

2,211 posts, read 1,571,343 times

Advertisements

From under:

Maybe it is straight..

Oh, Only 201,491 miles as of this A.M. Still a baby. I want to cross-country this multiple times. It is not a magnet, a la Euro cars .. This almost has its own "charm" to it.

I have to get seat covers, though.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfrabel View Post
Forever is a long time, and will require A LOT of money and effort to achieve, but as long as you are determined and money is no object, then I guess anything's possible.

There is another thread that I read recently where someone put a link to someone that documented their quest to keep their Ford van going forever. He (and the engine) gave up after a little over a million miles. Most people wouldn't have spent the money to replace a transmission on a 1 million mile vehilce (or all of the other countless parts that were needed over the years) like this guy did, but whatever.

Good luck, and keep on truckin, Creamer1!
Thanks, bfrabel!

Yes, this car has survived.. a lot. It's got so much more left. Pretty much EVERY OTHER CAR I've had has experienced bad luck and misfortune. But I make like $700 a week now, so... You know what they say, when you have money and are doing good, your car will never break. It's when you're broke and have no money that everything that can go wrong... will. I have a testimony to that.

Next up: ROAD TRIP! FAR...

Old 06-18-2018, 04:53 AM

This car may end up being the star of my YouTube channel. If I place a DISCREET video camera somewhere. Something super small, almost like a shirt button size...

Old 06-18-2018, 06:15 AM

Hey... maybe it's not!

Today: (pics cropped to not show identifying info)

See the wheel wells...

??

Old 06-18-2018, 07:56 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,335,731 times
How does it drive? What happens if you let go of the wheel? How does it react if you hit a bump or pothole?

Old 06-18-2018, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
How does it drive? What happens if you let go of the wheel? How does it react if you hit a bump or pothole?
It at least needs some kind of alignment because the steering wheel "set" towards the right, when it's supposed to be level/centered. So it's at least that

If I let go of the wheel (I actually have not done that test in awhile,) it goes to.. I think the right.

My right front tire is in the worst condition of the four, rounded edge. The back ones are fine. The two fronts at least could stand to be changed in a pair.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:12 AM

5,444 posts, read 6,987,107 times
On a flat, roughly level surface, how does it look if you put the vehicle on jack stands. This might help give you a better view of what the suspension is doing or trying to do.

Old 06-18-2018, 09:46 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,503,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
From under:

Maybe it is straight..

Oh, Only 201,491 miles as of this A.M. Still a baby. I want to cross-country this multiple times. It is not a magnet, a la Euro cars .. This almost has its own "charm" to it.

I have to get seat covers, though.

Looks like it’s just the bumper internals and the cover that’s gotten tweaked.

And seriously man ...... go get a few bolts and secure that splash shield instead of the abortion that’s currently there now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
Hey... maybe it's not!

Today: (pics cropped to not show identifying info)

See the wheel wells...

??
What about your plates?

Old 06-18-2018, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Looks like it’s just the bumper internals and the cover that’s gotten tweaked.

And seriously man ...... go get a few bolts and secure that splash shield instead of the abortion that’s currently there now.

What about your plates?
Always thought you would have to be a police officer with probable cause to put a license plate in some kind of computer and get what it comes back to i.e. my info. These Internet stalkers.. if they get an idea for where you are, it's more for them to try to make trouble for you for. There's always a few psychos out there.

So, in my "online presence,"! I am MUCH more mindful of denying the stalker fanbase that sick pleasure.

Things like phone numbers to where I work, etc...
.. and in those pics, there just so happened to be a pretty large banner displaying that.

I got moved to a location that needed me more anyways, and my exhaust gets fixed tomorrow by a pro with exhaust experience instead of kids with some tools playing mechanic, and it's all with the Rolla you see.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:27 PM

3,433 posts, read 3,746,637 times
I see a small bend on the inside of one of your wheels. So it did it a curb or something at some point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive