Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 06:33 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Ok, so explain to me what will you do in an emergency situation?

Also, how are you gonna be alerted when a component breaks out??? Since AVs will probably more complex to do the said emergency stop, dont you think that's tough-provoking enough???

How bout this, join me in this thread and discuss cons and pros in here

//www.city-data.com/forum/autom...l#post53287552
Have you ever flown in a modern airplane?
You can fly halfway around the world in a jet that can tell you every minute detail of what’s wrong with the jet.
We’ve flown to the moon and built space stations with the same technology.
It’s really not that hard. The way it works is critical systems have a redundant system. If something fails, it compares the questionable data with the data from an independent system. If it doesn’t match, it throws a fault. Then you drive it manually. This is how air and spacecraft work. On a car the risk is much less because you’re not flying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 09:47 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Its crazy to me so many people are against this transition, if you look at how many people have been killed or injured by motorized cars, its ALOT, but no one is suggesting we go back to horse and buggy, basically the positives outweigh the negatives, and all the deaths are 'acceptable loss'
I’m against it. Never will be in favor of it.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:32 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
I’m against it. Never will be in favor of it.
So I take it you were also against the switch to motor cars too? due to how many people have been killed or injured...

Or, do the positives outweigh the negative safety aspects?

Old 10-07-2018, 10:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Should we ban video games due to the rise of toxicity in the gaming community too?
I dont know anything that, but my basic point was, if people are concerned with safety relating to SD cars, and that is the main reason they do not want to see them, how can they accept and tolerate motor cars (100s of 1000s have been killed due to motor cars over the years), but in general, most people agree, the positives of motor cars outweighs the negatives.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:54 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
So I take it you were also against the switch to motor cars too? due to how many people have been killed or injured...

I've agreed w/you on just about everything over the past year, but I enjoy driving a vehicle.
As opposed to being driven like Miss Daisy.

Old 10-07-2018, 11:38 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,953,154 times
Quote:

I’m not signing away my freedom sorry.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:48 PM

295 posts, read 245,782 times
I don't see it either unless it's done in a very controlled environment.

If a town was built from scratch with self-driving cars in mind, I could see it working. They would need the road system designed specifically for self driving cars and have systems/physical barriers that prevent things that aren't self-driving cars from entering the road and causing problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive