Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 01:51 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,925,838 times

Advertisements

My 1976 Triumph TR6 in screaming yellow, just like this one.

If you have another chance, which car from your past...-images.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,825,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasHorseLady View Post

From one old hippie to another, I never owned a VW van, but I had several friends with them and spent a good deal of my youth in them.
Far Out!

Maybe we met and shared a joint or something.

I was the guy with the mushrooms who get his beard stuck in the fan belt.
Attached Thumbnails
If you have another chance, which car from your past...-imagine.jpg  

Old 07-26-2018, 02:44 PM

795 posts, read 1,008,154 times
my 64' Oldsmobile 88

Old 07-26-2018, 03:18 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,059,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
1968 Pontiac gto judge
it was red and black and had the spoiler and it was my brothers first car and when he left for the marines I got it . and my dad used to say of all his kids I was the only one who knew how to take care of a car and im a girl . My next car was one my mom drove and that was an Austin healy ( it was the same color as the one that tippy hedren drove in the movie the birds )and I loved it and some jerk ran into me and wrecked it . I still miss that car to this day .
My guess is your brother was perhaps sent to Vietnam? I hope he survived.

Old 07-26-2018, 03:19 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,656,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
I had a 1994 Supra TT as well, bought new, in the dark metallic green. Fantastic car, almost terrifying to drive in stop and go traffic as it wanted to go 0 or 25 but not creep and crawl. I bought it specifically for lunch time races when I lived in Plano, TX. They had just opened up parts of I-635, although no one was really using it yet. A lot of guys would show up at lunch and basically use the new freeway as a closed race course. That lasted for a whole summer. What fun!
Great, I’m also in Plano, we had many great Supra’s in this area. I bought my Supra new at Toyota of Richardson. While most others modified the Supra, I kept mine all original, thus the fast sell at top dollar.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:28 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,656,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
Fascinating collection. I am at once envious and enamored.
Thank you Pamela, I love cars and the feeling I get from a specific vehicle. For instance the 72 Corvette was a nice looking car, but it was one of the worst driving and uncomfortable cars that I have ever owned.

Old 07-26-2018, 04:30 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k7baixo View Post
.... would you love to own again? I don’t care if you sold it, traded it, wrecked it or lost in a divorce. Call it the day before that act occurred. You found it again, in a climate controlled facility, cared for by an army of master mechanic trolls and while its older, it’s in at least as good of shape as the day before last time you saw it.

What, why, when and where? Pictures of it or even the same from the ‘net are welcomed also. I know some of you kind folks have some great stories and I’d love to hear them.
1985 RX-7 GSL-SE. I had one just like this.

Old 07-26-2018, 05:07 PM

628 posts, read 838,102 times
1983 Ford Mustang it was destroyed in a fire in 2006
it looked like this one

Old 07-26-2018, 06:18 PM

1,009 posts, read 1,988,669 times
My 87 F150...first new vehicle I ever bought.

Old 07-26-2018, 07:41 PM

28,114 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
Those are not actual pictures of my cars, those are long gone.
But they are the same model as I the ones I had.

The Chrysler and the Plymouth were cars I had as a teenager in Massachusetts.

The GTO I had in Oklahoma when I was in the military.

I had the Cadillac when I lived in California.

Among all of those were dozens of VW's as I once had a VW shop in San Francisco.

I have also had Toyotas, A Jeep Cherokee, a Datsun, a GEO Metro, and a 4WD Chevy Pickup.

Now we drive a Subaru.

My favorite vehicle, and the one that most influenced my life.
was a 63 VW Van.

By the time my wife and I finished college, we had become Hippies.
We sold all our stuff, and built the van into an RV.
Outside it looked like an old van, but we built the inside like a small yacht.

We lived in it for about three years and drove around the country several times.
We spent the winters in Florida, the spring in the Mojave Desert, and the summers along the Pacific Coast from California to Washington.

Years later when we retired, we moved to our most favorite place, The Washington Coast.

I have a picture of the van.
It's not really a photo of the van, it's a picture of a piece of my jeans that my wife had embroided the van on.
That all took place in the early 70's.
That picture has been on our walls ever since.
We consider it a kind of a religious icon.
Very Cool...

I have a couple of VW and as a kid my Grandfather took a Westfalia in on trade... we camped in it when we visited... lots of fun. The local VW shop here is the Buggy House...

I love the Pacific Northwest and if I ever do leave the SF Bay Area... that is my destination...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive