Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Luxury SUV Would You Select and Why?
Volvo XC40 17 28.33%
Cadillac XT4 9 15.00%
Infinity Q50 12 20.00%
Audi Q5 25 41.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 03:30 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,456,257 times

Advertisements

None of them. I don't think there is one brand/model you listed that has a decent record of reliability. I would not buy any GM products. Infiniti is just a high priced Nissan, which has spotty reliability. Audi is an offshoot of VW, which again isn't the greatest in the reliability department.

Why not a Lexus? You can't do much better than Toyota and its upscale sibling Lexus when it comes to reliability.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 03:34 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,048,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
None of them. I don't think there is one brand/model you listed that has a decent record of reliability. I would not buy any GM products. Infiniti is just a high priced Nissan, which has spotty reliability. Audi is an offshoot of VW, which again isn't the greatest in the reliability department.

Why not a Lexus? You can't do much better than Toyota and its upscale sibling Lexus when it comes to reliability.

If you're leasing, why care about reliability? They'll ALL be reliable during the lease period.

Jesus.

Just drive them and pick which one fits you and your life better.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:44 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,056,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Greetings! Within the next 6 months, I'm looking to lease one of the above Luxury SUV's for 3 years.

Which SUV would you select, and why?
Out of the choices you offered, I would pick the XC40 or the Q5.

If you are open to a suggestion, then I would recommend you take a look at the new Volkswagen Tiguan.

We bought one because the top trim Tiguan offers 85-90% of the luxury at 70-75% of the cost of a Volvo or Audi with a 6 year/72,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:47 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,456,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post
If you're leasing, why care about reliability? They'll ALL be reliable during the lease period.

Jesus.

Not necessarily so. I bought a car brand new in 2012. Within 33K miles the front brakes already needed to be replaced. Mechanic said there was an issue with the brake calipers which was causing uneven wear on the pads, and that next time the calipers should be replaced as well. In addition to that, I had about 4 recalls on the car in the 4 years that I owned it (so 3 recalls during the first 3 years), ranging from problems with the airbags (not the Takata recall) to the shifter and improper machining of engine parts. Sure, all of this was still covered under warranty, but how much is your time worth to you? Who wants to leave their car at the dealership service department for a day each time a new problem comes up?

If all you're interested in is impressing your neighbors with an expensive car in your driveway, yeah go ahead and lease any luxury car. But whether you're leasing or buying, you're still spending your hard earned money each month to drive that car, so why reward the car manufacturer who can't even manage to give you a trouble-free car at an MSRP of $50K or more?

Old 08-30-2018, 03:52 PM

2,983 posts, read 3,048,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Not necessarily so. I bought a car brand new in 2012. Within 33K miles the front brakes already needed to be replaced. Mechanic said there was an issue with the brake calipers which was causing uneven wear on the pads, and that next time the calipers should be replaced as well. In addition to that, I had about 4 recalls on the car in the 4 years that I owned it (so 3 recalls during the first 3 years), ranging from problems with the airbags (not the Takata recall) to the shifter and improper machining of engine parts. Sure, all of this was still covered under warranty, but how much is your time worth to you? Who wants to leave their car at the dealership service department for a day each time a new problem comes up?

If all you're interested in is impressing your neighbors with an expensive car in your driveway, yeah go ahead and lease any luxury car. But whether you're leasing or buying, you're still spending your hard earned money each month to drive that car, so why reward the car manufacturer who can't even manage to give you a trouble-free car at an MSRP of $50K or more?

Except that all of those he listed will be reliable during the lease period. We're not talking about an old Range Rover here (even though I'd drive one of those, as well).

Old 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM

1,218 posts, read 3,434,036 times
Id rather have the Audi. btw a Q50 is a sedan, maybe you are thinking of QX50. that will probably be the cheapest one to lease

Old 08-30-2018, 05:37 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,385,496 times
I am not a fan of compact SUVs. Nor entry-level luxury models.

Go big or go home!

Old 08-30-2018, 05:44 PM

4,391 posts, read 2,873,359 times
Default none of the above

get a Subaru, and give the leftover $$ to a worthy charity or two...

Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 PM

10,915 posts, read 31,251,815 times
I would go with the Audi and the Volvo, especially as the Volvo is a newer design so it's not everywhere. Plus, you can get it with two-tone paint, which adds an interesting touch. The XT4, however, is more a competitor to the Q3 in terms of size, than the Q5. I would consider the BMW as well, and even the Jaguar F-Pace as that's comparable to a Q5. Of the choices selected, I would look at a Q5 and then Volvo.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 08-30-2018, 06:00 PM

6,975 posts, read 5,301,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer E38 View Post

Jesus.

People make vehicle buying/leasing painful just get what you like dont listen to others your the one who is leasing it not them its covers under warranty anyway. My nephew works for VW the company not a dealer here in Auburn Hills Michigan he leases a Audie Q5 for 300 a month they pay for his automobile insurance and licesnse plates and maintenance, he loves the vehicle he gets one every 2 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive