Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 08:17 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Well I'll admit, that's probably the only thing preventing me from moving forward with the Civic. I want a car that is perceived as suitable for people over 30.
Why not a Mustang? Perfect car for someone your age with no kids. I could see my son going from his Mazda 3 to one. If that doesn't have the pep you're looking for nothing will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2018, 10:13 AM

6,562 posts, read 8,393,687 times
Quote:
Well I'll admit, that's probably the only thing preventing me from moving forward with the Civic. I want a car that is perceived as suitable for people over 30.
If you like the Civic, buy the Civic. Personally, I don't see a correlation between the type of vehicle and age of the driver. I see all types of people driving all types of vehicles. It's never even occurred to me.

Old 10-30-2018, 11:33 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,654,294 times
Quote:
There's another thread open right now about underrated cars, and some of those cars are on the list not because of how good or bad they are but because the manufacturer misjudged who they would apply to. Both the Honda Element and, I think, the Aztek, were produced with an eye to attracting a younger crowd but wound up appealing to Baby Boomers. I think the same is true of one of the first line of Scions.

Don't waste a second of your time worrying about what people you don't know (or even people you do know) will think about you based on the brand of car you drive.

Old 10-30-2018, 12:16 PM

2,093 posts, read 1,926,342 times
Quote:
I have a 2008 Mazda3 S Sport that I purchased brand new in 2008 and it's ten years old now and has 187K miles on it. So, I want a new car now. The new car must be under $25K (including all added features) and it must be 100% brand new.

One feature I'm particular about, however, is the acceleration. My Mazda3 has a 2.3L 4-cylinder engine with 151 hp and 149 lb-ft torque. I have no idea if these specs mean anything for acceleration ability though. But I want to make sure that my next car has the same or better acceleration. It's so hard to determine this just by browsing online.

The car must be small, about similar in size to my Mazda3. I don't like tiny cars or even midsize cars at all. I want a 4-door sedan. No hatchbacks, crossovers or SUVs. Better MPG is of course, better. As long as it's not worse than 22/29 MPG, which is what I have now. Another thing I'm particular about is the windshield. I like the windshield to be as transparent as possible. I want a bright sunny day to look super bright and sunny and not tinted in the slightest. I'm open to any and all brands.

So, please suggest to me some cars to look at. I will test drive them and also make sure the seats are comfortable (I have chronic back pain). I'm hoping to purchase in November.

Thanks
I too have a Mazda 3 still- 2009. I think you can get a Turbo version that's pretty optioned up for around $25000.

Old 10-30-2018, 09:54 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
I think I have a tentative decision. I want to wait for the 2019 Acura ILX to be in stock at my local dealer, which should be soon. Acura has improved the exterior design of the car among a few other things. Hopefully the acceleration is improved, but when I test drove the 2018 ILX, it wasn't bad, just a bit underwhelming. If not, i think I could get used to it. Same with the smaller windshield. Not sure why "premium" sedans tend to have smaller windshields, in terms of height.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:22 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
My wife (50 years old) drives a 2012 Civic EX sedan. You can drive any car you want at any age. Who cares what others think if you like the car and it suits your needs?

Old 10-31-2018, 12:21 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,400,832 times
Quote:
I think I have a tentative decision. I want to wait for the 2019 Acura ILX to be in stock at my local dealer, which should be soon. Acura has improved the exterior design of the car among a few other things. Hopefully the acceleration is improved, but when I test drove the 2018 ILX, it wasn't bad, just a bit underwhelming. If not, i think I could get used to it. Same with the smaller windshield. Not sure why "premium" sedans tend to have smaller windshields, in terms of height.
Definitely wait for the 2019. The sport mode in the transmission should give you acceleration when you want it, and the exterior is refreshed.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 11-01-2018, 09:16 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,949,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwguydc View Post
Definitely wait for the 2019. The sport mode in the transmission should give you acceleration when you want it, and the exterior is refreshed.
The 2019 ILX has lukewarm impressions and reviews. Apparently it uses an old 2004 Honda Civic engine and the general reception regarding the interior design and appearance has been negative. In other words, it's a cheap luxury sedan. So I don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive