Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2018, 09:13 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,247,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
That’s great for you but not everyone cares to drive older vehicles and do maintenance on them all the time. I pay $300 a month on a 2018.5 Nissan Rogue Sport that includes a warranty on the rims and tires if anything were to damage them by a potholes or as we call them in metro Detroit chuckholes. Point is i will always have a reliable vehicle every 3 years and i don’t drive more than 12,000 miles a year. And I’m sure there are other just like me.
So you finally answered the question. You're paying $3600 a year to rent a Nissan Rogue.
I paid out $500 total for all maintenance and repairs on my Eclipse Spyder in the last three years combined.
$10800 vs. $500... easy math there. One can do a LOT of repairs and maintenance for $10300.

Interestingly, my wife takes her much newer car in more frequently than I do because she gets recalls.
Old cars are sorted in that regard. If there were recalls they were already addressed.

Last edited by eaton53; 11-18-2018 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2018, 11:40 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
So you finally answered the question. You're paying $3600 a year to rent a Nissan Rogue.
I paid out $500 total for all maintenance and repairs on my Eclipse Spyder in the last three years combined.
$10800 vs. $500... easy math there. One can do a LOT of repairs and maintenance for $10300.

Interestingly, my wife takes her much newer car in more frequently than I do because she gets recalls.
Old cars are sorted in that regard. If there were recalls they were already addressed.
If you say so but I’m not concerned because i can afford it. So you do what you want and I’ll do , now if only people would stop worrying about what people spend their own money on that would be great, because i don’t cram getting a new vehicle on others because i could care less what they do with their money. Because it doesn’t effect me at all just like those who work on their own vehicles i say god bless you because i have other stuff to do to make me happy and vehicle repair / maintenance isn’t it anymore.

Last edited by easy62; 11-18-2018 at 01:08 PM..

Old 11-18-2018, 01:03 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by technow View Post
I live in apartment so I can't change the oil because my apartment prohibits working on cars in the parking lot. I see many videos about oil change scams. Can somebody recommend me a trustworthy oil change service in San Jose, please?
I was a mechanic years ago... I no longer change my own oil. I no longer have a truck, motorcycle or airplane. Yes I am old. There are various reliable shops in my area...

Here is just one of many informative articles:

How to Avoid Oil Change Ripoffs and Upsells
by Matthew Wright
Updated July 07, 2017

https://www.thoughtco.com/avoid-oil-...ripoffs-281666

I did not read the 80+ posts with replies.... Good luck to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive