Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 03:11 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times

Advertisements

A surprising number of pickup owners actually use their pickups for more than a really expensive ORV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 03:32 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,497,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
A surprising number of pickup owners actually use their pickups for more than a really expensive ORV.
This truck obviously isn't made to be a worki truck. It's for people who like the truck "look."

Old 12-01-2018, 04:00 AM

8,272 posts, read 10,979,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
This truck obviously isn't made to be a worki truck. It's for people who like the truck "look."
Every "guy" here has a pickup truck. Few if any use it to do actual work. Some will have a utility trailer to haul things. But that utility trailer is used maybe once per year. Then maybe a boat that will be hauled twice per year.

We do have a "dump" (Recycling Center) and the truck might be used for that weekly trip.

Mostly all are for show or status.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:17 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,411,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit731 View Post
Every "guy" here has a pickup truck. Few if any use it to do actual work. Some will have a utility trailer to haul things. But that utility trailer is used maybe once per year. Then maybe a boat that will be hauled twice per year.

We do have a "dump" (Recycling Center) and the truck might be used for that weekly trip.

Mostly all are for show or status.
The guys i know that have pickups use their pickups to haul ever week they always have something in their bed. Just because you don’t see anything in their bed or not towing anything don’t presume that they buy them for looks, and if they never haul anything they will always have that option if need be. I bet they have more friends now since they have a pickup because they all need a favor for them to haul something because all they have is a small sedan. I’ve had 4 pickups and i hauled and towed many things and made me some good money with them also charging sedan owners to carry a tv from sams club.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:26 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,967,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
The Galdiator allows you to remove the back bulkhead and drop the rear seats. It’s better than a Frontier.

I wonder if that is a fact. It looks like the cab and box are two entirely separate pieces, not a unibody.
I would like to see pictures that verify that statement.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
I wonder if that is a fact. It looks like the cab and box are two entirely separate pieces, not a unibody.
Toledo retooling for body-on-frame truck. Ram's new midsize pickup will be a body-on-frame truck built in the same plant in Toledo, Ohio, as Jeep's upcoming Wrangler-based pickup, supplier sources tell Automotive News.

Old 12-01-2018, 06:49 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Quote:
Check it out https://moparinsiders.com/community/...up-truck.1148/

Old 12-01-2018, 07:02 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I'm willing to bet that doesn't help if you are hauling plywood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
Nobody’s actually hauling plywood so often they need a dedicated vehicle to do it. It’s a truck for people want to camp or pull their jetskies or lug around their dirt bikes, not roofing contractors.

What is the obsession with hauling plywood? Unless you are a roofer or some type of flooring contractor why would you care?

Old 12-01-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
What is the obsession with hauling plywood? Unless you are a roofer or some type of flooring contractor why would you care?
Everyone has to act like a expert on here who by just looking at a picture knows exactly what it will and will not do, and yes it’s a body on frame but some on here don’t believe it and want proof. Hers a answer fo you wait till they hit the showroom and find out for yourself then you will know.

Old 12-01-2018, 08:14 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,984,695 times
Quote:
I think he's misunderstanding and looking at the pictures wrong, that feature isn't mentioned or shown on the link he provided, nor have I seen it mentioned anywhere.

Last edited by NHDave; 12-01-2018 at 08:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive