Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2018, 04:32 PM

18,918 posts, read 27,417,959 times

Advertisements

As of the last few days, my Waze started saying "Google"+ some gibberish numbers and something else, before giving navigation route. It does it only once, at the very beginning.

Any ideas how to fix it? I thought Google bought out Waze...

I posted this in Waze support forum, but it appears to be dead...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2018, 04:39 PM

15,757 posts, read 20,352,806 times
Happens to me once in a rare while. It seems to fix itself after a day or so. I never touched a thing and it went back up normal.

It's probably happened to me 3 or 4 times over the last Year or two

Old 11-29-2018, 04:52 PM

17,158 posts, read 56,905,862 times
"We are GOOGLE, resistance is futile. You will be assimilated."

Old 11-30-2018, 07:32 AM

9,829 posts, read 7,129,278 times
I'm a daily Waze user and never saw anything like that.

Yesterday though, I saw something for the first time. I was about two miles from home and the map was directing me to turn right onto another street. It also had a dashed blue line beyond the turn on the road I was on with the words "+1 minute."

Is this something new Waze is tossing out there? Has it been listening to my wife yell "I wish it would tell us how much time this route is saving" at the phone?

Old 11-30-2018, 09:26 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,471,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robr2 View Post

Yesterday though, I saw something for the first time. I was about two miles from home and the map was directing me to turn right onto another street. It also had a dashed blue line beyond the turn on the road I was on with the words "+1 minute."

Is this something new Waze is tossing out there? Has it been listening to my wife yell "I wish it would tell us how much time this route is saving" at the phone?
I've seen that pop up on waze too. I'm not sure how they are rolling it out but it can be helpful if you are considering other routes.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:15 AM

15,757 posts, read 20,352,806 times
Quote:

Yeah, I think it's new. Kinda helpful becUse sometimes it's just not worth the effort to get off the highway and start taking back roads if it only saves me 1 minute. I'd rather take the easier route (i.e. Stay in my lane and go straight)

Old 11-30-2018, 10:20 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,626,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
As of the last few days, my Waze started saying "Google"+ some gibberish numbers and something else, before giving navigation route. It does it only once, at the very beginning.

Any ideas how to fix it? I thought Google bought out Waze...

I posted this in Waze support forum, but it appears to be dead...
I used to use Waze and, though good, I found it a bit intrusive, for lack of a better term. I realized my iPhone came with “Maps” app and tried that and use nothing else now. Just a thought if you’re not able to resolve things to your liking.

Old 11-30-2018, 10:34 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,717,540 times
Also tried Waze for a bit, never much liked its interface and operation. I will say that Google maps seems to have gone through a phase of improvement in the last month or two, maybe longer, and might be worth a try for folks who moved on a while back.

Old 11-30-2018, 11:41 AM

18,918 posts, read 27,417,959 times
It appears to be a recurring Waze bug. I saw posts on this ever since 2015. They apparently figure fix and mend it.. I'll try uninstall and reinstall. It's hell of annoying,

Has nothing to do with Google, sounds like some devs had too much smoke and get funny with popular apps.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:16 PM

50,490 posts, read 36,145,160 times
Quote:

Waze routes don't save any time. I don't know if they used to but IMO Waze is not good navigation. When I started a job 45 minutes away in a rural area, I used both Google Maps and Waze (I often had them both open at the same time) and Waze routes always added 5-10 minutes to my trip. I would see "Time of Arrival 8:08" then I would ignore her tell me to turn and go Google's way, and immediately after, time of arrival was '8:04".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive