Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2019, 07:38 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,694,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
When none of the brands you mentioned offers one anymore should tell you something.
Tells me what? And they still do, they're just pop up high pressure washers rather than wipers.

What's next, griping that cars don't have wire antennas anymore? Cause that sure didn't work out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2019, 10:18 AM

30,701 posts, read 79,330,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
Tells me what? And they still do, they're just pop up high pressure washers rather than wipers.

What's next, griping that cars don't have wire antennas anymore? Cause that sure didn't work out.
My truck has a wire antennae. I never thought about why it is not in the windshield, but it isn't. Makes me happy if I ever have to replace the windshield I guess, but it is a tiny PIA at a car wash.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:07 PM

16,563 posts, read 15,105,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post

Name a few. I've been watching a lot of new car reviews and not a single one came with a "high pressure" headlight washer.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:15 PM

30,701 posts, read 79,330,237 times
Quote:
Name a few. I've been watching a lot of new car reviews and not a single one came with a "high pressure" headlight washer.
European Saab, Audi and BMW seem to have them.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:21 PM

16,979 posts, read 21,613,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Actually they're an ECE requirement for anything with HID's. They've just gone to high pressure spray instead of using the wiper. One (several) fewer parts for potential failure on a government mandated part.
Yeah my favorite part, if your car is spotless but you want to clean the windshield you pull the stalk and if the headlights are on they get cleaned also which essentially sprays the whole hood of your car in the process.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:26 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,503,989 times
I had them on an 07' VW GTI while living in Chicago many years ago. They came in handy there to clean off the grime from the road in the winter. Haven't seen them since though on anything. I liked them actually. They would jet out from the bumper and spray up at the lights, then return to the bumper. James Bond-ish.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:48 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,694,502 times
Quote:
2019 Lexus RX. Lexus LS. Lexus GX, Bentley Bentayga, Bentley Mulsanne, Bentley Continental, Bentley Flying Spur, Porsche Cayenne, Porsche Panamera, Ferrari California, Toyota Land Cruiser, Toyota Highlander, ...

Do I need to go on?

Not sure why this is even a discussion.

Old 01-03-2019, 12:53 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,382,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Actually they're an ECE requirement for anything with HID's. They've just gone to high pressure spray instead of using the wiper. One (several) fewer parts for potential failure on a government mandated part.
I believe the ECE requirement for HIDs came out after the wipers. First HIDs in US were the 1997 BMW 7-series. Not sure when the wipers came to the US models but they originated with Volvo decades prior.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:51 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,193,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddm2k View Post
I believe the ECE requirement for HIDs came out after the wipers. First HIDs in US were the 1997 BMW 7-series. Not sure when the wipers came to the US models but they originated with Volvo decades prior.
Agreed, but there's a difference between options and requirements. Backup cameras were optional until this year. Now they're a requirement. They're no longer special and every vehicle has to have them.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:26 PM

3,317 posts, read 2,296,146 times
My F-150 doesn't have headlight washers, but it has a washer for the front camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive