Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 06:21 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,038 times

Advertisements

We have my car (Infiniti M35x), my wife's car (Ford Fusion), and a van (Dodge Grand Caravan). This is the first time I've owned a car that she actually liked to drive. She hated my previous three.

That said, she likes her car too much to switch to mine. I'll drive hers to run errands every now and then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2019, 10:59 AM

561 posts, read 324,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhars View Post
AlaskaAma.....THAT was really the scenario I asked about...do couples prefer to do the musical chairs game with the cars -- versus just taking the car that's parked behind the other car, and more accessible
Sounds like most people would rather play the musical chairs car game.

I know I wouldn't get up if I didn't have to -- to move my car so the person could get out. In my awakened stupor I'd tell them,"just take the other car!" NOR would I -- on my way to work in the morning -- want to take the time to move the car that's blocking me, just so I can get out. THEN get back in the first car, and put that back in the driveway. Only to then have to get back in "my" car to leave. I don't think so.
In that exact scenario with a single driveway we would most definitely take whatever car was in the back. Although I've usually preferred "my" car as the better car we've never had a vehicle that I disliked enough to play that game with.

Old 01-07-2019, 01:35 PM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I drive my wife's car, but she doesn't drive mine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Same here, she's almost too short for my F150.

When we had two cars (typically a sedan and wagon) we would switch off regularly, it would depend on who was doing what that day. The wagon was nominally "hers" while the sedan was "mine".
x3

I drive my wife's Avalon from time to time. My wife has driven my F-150 a grand total of once. She took it to go pick up a piece of furniture from an antique shop.

Old 02-11-2019, 11:31 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Strange question. What is "each others" car? We own a medium size SUV and lease a small SUV. Each of use drives whichever car is more suitable to the circumstances, weather and the amount of miles used on leased cars. We are fortunate that I take public transportation to work and don't need to drive there. My wife unfortunately drives to the office four times a week but she is part of a car pool. So she drives our car to work about twice a week. Between the two cars, we drive very few miles on each one of them but are afraid of owning only one car since my wife depends on it to get to work. I wish this country had better public transportation...

Old 02-11-2019, 04:59 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,419,493 times
My wife works still and we live in Michigan I’m retired she takes my AWD vehicle everyday i want her to be safe driving in the snow. I use her FWD only vehicle and my vehicle is a lease hers she bought so we keep the miles low on hers it’s a 2016 Kia Sorento and only has 20,000 miles. Bought her Sorento in Florida when we lived there did not need a AWD vehicle and i had a leased Sentra. Better job in Michigan so i leased a 2019.5 Nissan Rouge sport AWD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive