Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:24 AM

686 posts, read 795,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
52+K. XL, 2WD, XL (i don't know what the package is called but cruise, power windows, SelectShift, Sirius capable, Bluetooth, MP3, CD) enhancements.

The dealership where I bought offered me $20K for it a couple months ago.
You should have taken that deal. The site may say 18k trade but you best believe their first initial offer will be around 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:31 AM

45,002 posts, read 59,991,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
You should have taken that deal. The site may say 18k trade but you best believe their first initial offer will be around 13.
Why? It's paid off. It's exactly what I was looking for down to the color when I bought it. My last F150 had 240K on the odometer when it got wrecked.

I'm retired so no racking commute miles on it, purely a pleasure vehicle.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:36 PM

18,933 posts, read 43,293,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
I do like reading the comments of the Big 3 fan boys telling us how they use the pristine looking bed of their commuter F150 every day. It's okay boys, we're not your wives and you don't need to convince us.
This is the bed of Tacoma right now, and it looks like this at least a couple of days per week. Today it’s a pressure washer, nasty wet hose, gas jug, jug of bleach cleaner, gallon of primer, and scrap lumber with nails sticking out of it. I keep a horse stall mat in there to protect the bed and keep things from sliding around. I don’t think I’d put this stuff in the back of a CUV. I don’t know why people seem to think you need to be a farmer to own a truck.

Last edited by southernnaturelover; 03-22-2019 at 04:00 PM..

Old 01-08-2019, 12:41 PM

686 posts, read 795,259 times
Quote:
Why? It's paid off. It's exactly what I was looking for down to the color when I bought it. My last F150 had 240K on the odometer when it got wrecked.

I'm retired so no racking commute miles on it, purely a pleasure vehicle.
Well in that case, enjoy my friend. I was assuming maybe you were exploring newer options.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:43 PM

45,002 posts, read 59,991,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
This is the bed of Tacoma right now, and it looks like this at least a couple of days per week. Today it’s a pressure washer, nasty wet hose, gas jug, jug of bleach cleaner, gallon of primer, and scrap lumber with nails sticking out of it. I keep a horse stall mat in there to protect the bed and keep things from sliding around. I don’t think I’d put this stuff in the back of a CUV. I don’t know why people seem to think you need to be a farmer to own a truck.
I have goose decoys and a cart in the back of mine right now. They'll be there for another month unless I have to move them to haul something else.

Come the middle of March will be time for project material hauling, in the Spring into the summer willing be crabbing gear, kids will borrow it for camping or kayaking.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:57 PM

2,254 posts, read 2,703,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Looks like my Tacoma, except mine is usually full of cut firewood. However, based on my observations, outside of the trades you and I are an anomaly.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 4,794,977 times
Quote:
This something I've wondered about with the Ridgeline being FWD. If the bed is loaded does it impact the operation, for lack of a better term, of the transaxle as VW found out with a decrease in traction on the Rabbit pickup.

Assuming you put a good load in the bed, it would drive like a boat and be really bad in the rain. A front wheel drive truck is a pretty stupid idea. They do offer it with all wheel drive I believe which would solve a lot of that problem though.

Old 01-08-2019, 02:39 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,361,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dijkstra View Post
Assuming you put a good load in the bed, it would drive like a boat and be really bad in the rain. A front wheel drive truck is a pretty stupid idea. They do offer it with all wheel drive I believe which would solve a lot of that problem though.

the first generation ridgeline were all 4wd, actually auto-awd, to be more precise. the 2nd generation gives you options on the drive train. while i have not driven the 2nd gen, the first gen is awesome on just about any weather related road issues.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:52 PM

342 posts, read 310,807 times
Quote:
This something I've wondered about with the Ridgeline being FWD. If the bed is loaded does it impact the operation, for lack of a better term, of the transaxle as VW found out with a decrease in traction on the Rabbit pickup.
Loading up the bed of a FWD truck will take weight off the drive wheels and traction will suffer. If you had a RWD truck, like most normal trucks are, you could load it up and it would help traction uphill, off roads, etc.

Since most trucks are used to drive around empty, having a FWD truck wouldn’t be noticed by most consumers. Obviously people who use them everyday for real work, like construction contractors, would never consider buying a Ridgeline.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:31 PM

1,766 posts, read 1,179,917 times
This was way too long to read all the pages. . . but I wanted to point out that a Ridgeline may fit in your garage where larger truck may not fit so well. . . worth considering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive