Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 11:48 AM

2,660 posts, read 1,558,397 times

Advertisements

Is that it?
https://grandrapids.craigslist.org/c...775499705.html
If so, no offense but that interior is disgusting - you couldn't pay me to get in and sit down much less drive it around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2019, 11:54 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,741,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke944 View Post
Is that it?
If so, no offense but that interior is disgusting - you couldn't pay me to get in and sit down much less drive it around.
If so, do the following:
  • Include close up pictures of the rust.
  • Clean the interior. No one wants to deal with your mess. A quick detail will be worth the cost.
  • More pictures of the exterior are always good
  • 4x2 in Michigan is going to be a tough sell

If that doesn't work, go to Carmax and sell it.

Old 01-08-2019, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
If so, do the following:
  • Include close up pictures of the rust.
  • Clean the interior. No one wants to deal with your mess. A quick detail will be worth the cost.
  • More pictures of the exterior are always good
  • 4x2 in Michigan is going to be a tough sell

If that doesn't work, go to Carmax and sell it.
A good clean and front seat covers - that drivers seat is trashed.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:19 PM

6,601 posts, read 8,987,568 times
Quote:
A good clean and front seat covers - that drivers seat is trashed.
Try to depersonalize it, too, so people can picture it as their car instead of yours. Take the purple thing down from the mirror. Remove the bag of dog food (?) from the back seat and antifreeze from the back (storing fluids in the car suggests there are problems). Remove the bumper stickers and any residue left behind.

Is the speaker included? If so, state that. If not, take it out of the picture. It might be a better idea to sell it separately.

I do think it's too high of a price. KBB gives private party value of $1800 for good condition and $1500 for fair condition at that mileage. The high price combined with messiness and lack of pictures makes it less attractive to buyers.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:48 PM

2,516 posts, read 1,698,043 times
Post your link OP. otherwise we have no idea why it's taking forever to unload.

Old 01-08-2019, 12:55 PM

3,631 posts, read 7,676,119 times
Quote:
Is that it?
If that was a 4x4 it would easily sell

Old 01-08-2019, 01:09 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,558,160 times
Clean it up. Get rid of the stupid speaker box and all the crap inside. Throw the floor mats in a washer and clean the interior and exterior.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:13 PM

2,259 posts, read 4,755,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
Post your link OP. otherwise we have no idea why it's taking forever to unload.
It's posted above.
I'll see what some elbow grease and some pics do.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:26 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,848,066 times
You might have better luck with no interior pictures. The speaker thing says this was driven by a kid or immature adult and probably abused. the filth confirms it. Also the jug of coolant in the back says you have a coolant leak. Head gasket failing?

If you cannot clean the floor mats, throw them out. That is the filthiest car interior I can remember ever seeing. What in the heck did you do in that car?

Maybe list what you found that car to be good for. Clearly not a family hauler or grocery getter. Provide some examples of a good use for it they may not have thought of. Eg "this car works great as a pen for my pet pig when the car is not in use."

Finally not listing the mileage on a car that old says it is over 250,000. I do not see any advantage of keeping it a secret, you are going to have to tell them eventually.

Old 01-08-2019, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
You might have better luck with no interior pictures. The speaker thing says this was driven by a kid or immature adult and probably abused. the filth confirms it. Also the jug of coolant in the back says you have a coolant leak. Head gasket failing?

If you cannot clean the floor mats, throw them out. That is the filthiest car interior I can remember ever seeing. What in the heck did you do in that car?

Maybe list what you found that car to be good for. Clearly not a family hauler or grocery getter. Provide some examples of a good use for it they may not have thought of. Eg "this car works great as a pen for my pet pig when the car is not in use."

Finally not listing the mileage on a car that old says it is over 250,000. I do not see any advantage of keeping it a secret, you are going to have to tell them eventually.
Yeah, that interior is horrific. The mileage is listed though, it's 230k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive