Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2019, 06:56 AM

6,977 posts, read 5,322,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepa View Post
They must have the baby bed in the back. Everyone around here with a full size truck seems to park them outside. Mirrors, cab length, and bed length are a constraining factor.
True standard 7 ft fits but a 8 ft won’t in a standard garage were i live and many fold their side mirrors inward.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 06:58 AM

3,857 posts, read 3,119,565 times
Tacoma or ridgeline. Tacoma is a solid investment, while the ridgeline offers dependability just like the tacoma.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turf3 View Post
Please read the thread title. It's no good arguing that you know someone with a full size truck that can squeeze it into the garage, when the OP has clearly stated HE DOESN"T WANT A FULL SIZE TRUCK.

Do you REALLY think a "full size 4 door bighorn ram" whatever that is, would qualify as a "small narrow pickup"?
No but they are nice to have if you have to transport that tiny pickup just put it in the bighorn bed lol lol.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:24 AM

18,933 posts, read 43,293,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
A standard F250 is only a little over 6 feet and a little over 6.5 ft wide so it would fit.but if it’s got a lift kit than no it won’t fit. I see plenty of HD pickups in garages we’re i live. When i did live in Florida the garages looked smaller than those in the metro Detroit area.
Fitting it in the garage is one thing, but having enough room left over to be able to open the door to get out is another. Or I guess you could always climb out through the sunroof if you have one.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:44 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,267,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv4horses View Post
As part of down sizing I sold my old pick-up truck. Now I find that living in suburbia I really miss having a truck for things like hauling landscape supplies, taking stuff to the dump, picking up goodies from estate sales, and carrying the mower or grill somewhere.

So what would be a small two door pick-up that might even be narrow enough to fit in a suburban garage? Not lifted, not necessarily 4WD, but something small and with an open bed for occasional outdoor needs?
S10
Ranger
Frontier
Tacoma
Dakota

Old 02-07-2019, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Fitting it in the garage is one thing, but having enough room left over to be able to open the door to get out is another. Or I guess you could always climb out through the sunroof if you have one.
Like i said garages in different states are different garages in Florida ore smaller than those In my area .I lived in Florida and their garages there are shorter than those in Michigan because we don’t put our furnace or in your case a air handler/ heat pump or our washer and dryer in our garages because of the cold weather we have basements or slabs with a crawl space with a utility room. So we have room for a full-size pickup and a sedan or cuv in our garages.

Old 02-07-2019, 04:55 PM

30,206 posts, read 20,936,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Like i said garages in different states are different garages in Florida ore smaller than those In my area .I lived in Florida and their garages there are shorter than those in Michigan because we don’t put our furnace or in your case a air handler/ heat pump or our washer and dryer in our garages because of the cold weather we have basements or slabs with a crawl space with a utility room. So we have room for a full-size pickup and a sedan or cuv in our garages.
My garage is long enough, but the washer and drier are in the front.

Old 02-07-2019, 05:58 PM

25,764 posts, read 16,379,252 times
You could consider a light trailer.

Old 02-07-2019, 06:34 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,659,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
S10
Ranger
Frontier
Tacoma
Dakota

these are the ones i would recommend. i prefer the ranger or s10 personally, but the others are also pretty good trucks.

Old 02-09-2019, 06:40 AM

11,754 posts, read 14,579,066 times
Remember compact pickups? Datsun, Toyota, and Mazda made them. Chevrolet came out with the Chevy LUV. Subaru marketed a couple of different versions of small pickups, including one (the Brat) that had rear facing seats in the cargo bed so it would qualify as a car for tariff purposes.

They were great, in the sense that they were affordable and met the needs of most people who, like the OP, live in the suburbs and have only an occasional need for hauling something just beyond the capacity of a regular car. For instance, when I had to buy a bathtub I borrowed a friend's Mazda pickup and drove to Sears to get it. Most people who own pickups don't need a pickup at all, and they certainly don't need the behemoths out there now.

The true compact pickups of the past are dwarfed by all the pickups mentioned in this thread. I have to believe that if the manufacturers were to make these again there would be a market for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive