Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 05:21 AM

99 posts, read 79,269 times

Advertisements

I've seen my share of Audis that seem like they feel they own the road.. It *usually* seems to be disproportionate to Audi.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2019, 05:26 AM

99 posts, read 79,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephariel View Post
Yep this.

Whenever see a BMW, Audi or some sports car driver driving like 45 on a road where they can safety drive 65, or driving like 65 on the freeway, it irritates the hell out of me. And also, if those people don't want to drive that fast, then they why are they always driving on the left lanes? Go to the right lane.
This is true. I don't know where that whole "go slow in the left lane" comes from; you're necessitating me to go around you the only way you left me to when you do that. I know someone that drives like this. 45 maybe 50MPH on a local non-toll highway with lights. I'm in the passenger seat and I really want to say something.. I feel unsafe being in the car lolly doo-doo ing along at 45MPH when people usually do 60 or so.. and she's in the left lane.. I'm like??!!!! But I always reach the conclusion that it is her car, and telling her anything is a waste of my precious breath anyways. People also just go around, as they should. But she is in the wrong and really should be doing that on the right. Hey.

She has an economy car that's more than capable of driving at regular speed....

Old 04-04-2019, 06:43 AM

2,254 posts, read 2,738,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
This is not about breaking the law, it's about being a good situational driver such as driving at the speed of traffic to not impede traffic flow on the highways. If you have a 400HP car and you feel like driving 10mph slower than traffic. Then you're contributing to highway congestion and there's no excuse for driving below the speed of traffic if you got an Audi S-line car.
Wrong - it is about breaking the law. But I won't go into this because 1) this has been discussed ad nauseam on this forum and 2) there's always people that think they are above the rules.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:10 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
In my zip code, Audi drivers, particularly those with an "S" on the tail of the car, are the d-bags who cut people off, weave in heavy traffic, blow their horn constantly, run red lights, and the rest of the list. Leased faux "driver's car" and atrocious road manners go hand-in-hand.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:28 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Have Audi drivers been informed of the requirement to speed and break the law?

I think that is in the owners manual.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:53 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,877,447 times
Most Audi ,S drivers drive like they are going back to the Pits after blowing the doors off a F1 Ferrari at Bahrain....get out of my way!!

Old 04-04-2019, 09:38 AM

10,914 posts, read 31,397,852 times
The Audi S-package is not dissimilar from Lexus with its F-Sport. There are people who prefer handling within the limits of the law, such as a friend who has a Q5 S-Line that has the better handling and appearance upgrades over a regular Q5, yet is more prone to drive under the speed limit than over it. For real enthusiast level Audi, today, one has to look more to the R/RSS vehicles, which are more akin to AMG variants by Mercedes.

As to how they drive, I tend to find "regular" Audi drivers tend to be the worst, driving with something to prove from their 2.0T A4 versus an S-Line or R/RS driver on regular streets who knows how to handle a vehicle in traffic. Enthusiast level drivers in my experience tend to be much better on the road, when aware of speed, because they take driver education classes for fun and sport, may take a car to a track, etc., so they have no need to try to prove something on a public highway with many more variables than are encountered on a closed circuit track. There is simply no need to prove something to the middle-aged guy in an Odyssey who thinks it's a sports car on a highway when you are challenged in a more capable vehicle, since both of the drivers know that the Audi R/RS, Porsche, or AMG can blow it off the road, but a responsible high performance car driver would not engage in such behavior; that's more the level of the poseur who bought their well used S4 with sketchy provenance and think it's a brand new R8. And, don't even get me started on the badge swappers who put the S-Line badges on regular cars, since anyone who knows the cues knows that it will not be identical to the A4 2.0T that the local preschool teacher drives to work.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 04-04-2019, 01:38 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
A particular brand of car or amount of "power" should not dictate ones driving habits. Everyone you described in a law abiding driver.
It means that you have no reason not to speed up, it's not like you have only 100HP and could barely hit 70mph. Now, I did not say speeding, is when you are drastically faster than traffic. Speed limit signs should not dictate actual speeds on the highway because it's outdated and many times inefficient. If you feel like driving 45-50 and slower than other cars then just MOVE OVER to the right, I have no complaints.

If you have a 2019 Audi S6 doing 50mph on the left lane and other cars are doing 65mph+ then you are blocking traffic flow. No reason a 400HP+ car could not speed up or simply move over to the right.

Old 04-04-2019, 01:52 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,104,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietude View Post
Audi was a forgotten brand (5000, anyone?) until it became the stealth Mercedes about ten years ago. Now it's just another UMC status symbol.
What is "UMC"?

Upper Middle Class?

Old 04-04-2019, 03:25 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,505,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
It means that you have no reason not to speed up, it's not like you have only 100HP and could barely hit 70mph. Now, I did not say speeding, is when you are drastically faster than traffic. Speed limit signs should not dictate actual speeds on the highway because it's outdated and many times inefficient. If you feel like driving 45-50 and slower than other cars then just MOVE OVER to the right, I have no complaints.

If you have a 2019 Audi S6 doing 50mph on the left lane and other cars are doing 65mph+ then you are blocking traffic flow. No reason a 400HP+ car could not speed up or simply move over to the right.
I'm generally a right lane driver. If the speed limit was 55 mph and I had to move to the left lane for a left exit ramp, then I'm going to do 55-60 in that left lane until I've cleared the exit and safely moved back over. While I'm in the left lane, I'm driving how I want to drive. Feel free to pass me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive