Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2019, 05:29 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
I’m 64 and i still listen to my classic rock loud like i have since i was a teenager. It’s better than listening to today’s music that’s garbage and will never be around like classic rock has endured.

And I'm 69 and remember when you knew that the band member you were dating and went to concerts with was serious about you when he bought you your own personal set of earplugs to wear to the concert. Probably why I have any hearing left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,836,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
All too often while waiting at a traffic light, some fool will pull up nearby with all the windows fully open, regardless of the weather with the radio blasting jungle music as loud as it will go.
These fools need to learn the cost of hearing aids, because they will need them.

For those who have no knowledge of hearing aids, they are a PITA and very expensive.
Is it the open windows or the music that weighs more heavily on you decision to call them stupid? Perhaps they prefer different things than you do. And maybe they already are using hearing aids and need the extra volume.

Old 06-26-2019, 01:50 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I encounter that a lot. It’s usually a car sitting at the gas pump, and all you hear is BOOM...BOOM.. BOOM BOOM! Sometimes so loud the trunk lid is about about to vibrate loose.
NoiseFreeAmerica gave me a list of cities, a couple years ago, with the fines for having a loud stereo in your car and the fines have gone up as high as $2500 in some jurisdictions, and even jail terms in the Deep South. $1500 fine in the state of Oregon.

Edmonton, Alberta is the first city to have Noise Radar, installed quite recently. There, if you pass a monitor with too loud of a muffler or a loud stereo in your car a photo is taken of the car/driver and you get a ticket in the mail.

If one of these noise terrorists parks in your neighborhood some time, and causes too much noise, you'd be absolutely surprised how easy it is to get them out of your neighborhood with some derring-do, at night that is, with no permanent damage to the vehicle.

At a community I lived in, prior to moving here, I ridded the community of 6 of these Noise Terrorists. Mess with their prized jewels, and it's the equivalent of kicking their mothers in the stomach. Adios! You won't be missed!

Old 06-26-2019, 09:03 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,232,002 times
I rarely drive anymore due to the fact that I live car-free, but this thread really gives me the urge to hop in a car, cruise down the road with my windows down and music blaring, and pull into a Wawa with my music still going. I always blast my music, regardless of who might be judging me. I'm not sure if Smashing Pumpkins is considered "jungle music", but you'd definitely hear me blasting Today or Zero as loudly as possible!

Old 06-26-2019, 09:17 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
I rarely drive anymore due to the fact that I live car-free, but this thread really gives me the urge to hop in a car, cruise down the road with my windows down and music blaring, and pull into a Wawa with my music still going. I always blast my music, regardless of who might be judging me. I'm not sure if Smashing Pumpkins is considered "jungle music", but you'd definitely hear me blasting Today or Zero as loudly as possible!
Why?

Old 06-26-2019, 09:30 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,503,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagster View Post
People who do this typically don't live long enough to need hearing aids.
There's a correlation between life expectancy and playing music in ones car?

Old 06-26-2019, 10:11 AM

1,658 posts, read 1,241,757 times
Sounds like some people are just afraid of the rich cultural tapestry that diversity gives us.

BTW, when an automotive forum has a bunch of “social justice warriors” fighting for the cause, said forum is absolutely worthless for anything automotive related.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:28 AM

5,453 posts, read 6,044,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Sounds like some people are just afraid of the rich cultural tapestry that diversity gives us.

BTW, when an automotive forum has a bunch of “social justice warriors” fighting for the cause, said forum is absolutely worthless for anything automotive related.
LOL!
When a City-data forum entitled "automotive" is where you go for your automotive expertise, your knowledge base of an automobile is bouncing on the empty needle.

Old 06-26-2019, 11:49 AM

18,949 posts, read 43,596,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
Loud music is loud music, it’s inconsiderate no matter what genre it is. Someone blasting country western is just as annoying as someone blasting hip-hop or Norteño.

Old 06-26-2019, 12:59 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,395,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Loud music is loud music, it’s inconsiderate no matter what genre it is. Someone blasting country western is just as annoying as someone blasting hip-hop or Norteño.

Exactly. It's an ear and vibrating teeth thing, not a kind of music thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive