Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 04:35 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nlambert View Post
How is an opinion fact? Where is the statistical data to back it up? Oh that's right......

I'm not trying to convince you that everyone needs an SUV. Not everyone does.

I haven't made that attempt even once in this thread. What I have said is that you should not care what anyone else drives, nor make assumptions that you try to pass as facts. Facts require proof that something is true. You cannot possibly prove that the majority of people don't need SUVs or trucks by pulling up next to someone at a red light.

My goal is to get you to recognize the difference between opinion and fact. You nor I can possibly know what people actually need.
my goal is to convince you that these vehicles for the most part weren't around 20+ years ago. wagons served that purpose. these vehicles are around because of market trends.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:01 PM

146 posts, read 74,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
my goal is to convince you that these vehicles for the most part weren't around 20+ years ago. wagons served that purpose. these vehicles are around because of market trends.
You have no point, market trends dictate what people want. What exactly is your issue here?
If your complaint is with excess, why aren't you spending your time telling people living in 3000 sf houses don't need more than 1500 sf? Or, why aren't you telling people who live in high tax areas like Boston or the twin cities that they don't need to live in high tax areas, they should move to the south?
Exactly what is the twig up your butt?

Old 07-11-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
You have no point, market trends dictate what people want. What exactly is your issue here?
If your complaint is with excess, why aren't you spending your time telling people living in 3000 sf houses don't need more than 1500 sf? Or, why aren't you telling people who live in high tax areas like Boston or the twin cities that they don't need to live in high tax areas, they should move to the south?
Exactly what is the twig up your butt?
I don't think I can lay it out any easier for you. I'm truly sorry.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I don't think I can lay it out any easier for you. I'm truly sorry.
You are mad at the market moving away from your preferences. It's hard to come up with a more fruitless waste of energy and angst.
Get. Over. Yourself.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston196 View Post
You are mad at the market moving away from your preferences. It's hard to come up with a more fruitless waste of energy and angst.
Get. Over. Yourself.
nope. guess again. I don't have preferences. if you had read the thread, you would have seen that I have owned SUV's and trucks.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:04 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,584,054 times
Quote:
Yes they were. S-10 Blazers and Bronco II’s were everywhere back in the 80’s, and then when the Explorer came out in 1991 it sold like hot cakes.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
nope. guess again. I don't have preferences. if you had read the thread, you would have seen that I have owned SUV's and trucks.
Ok, then I give up. What's your obsession with people who drive trucks and suvs? Because they certainly were around 20+ years ago, and in abundance. So you can't convince us they weren't - so there goes that goal. Are you trying to rewrite history - is that your goal?

Old 07-11-2019, 07:10 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,414,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Yes they were. S-10 Blazers and Bronco II’s were everywhere back in the 80’s, and then when the Explorer came out in 1991 it sold like hot cakes.
Correct this person must be young because they would of known about the SUVS of the 80’s hell there we’re SUVs in the 70’s.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:02 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
Quote:
Lol, they were around 20+ years ago, lots and lots of them. I have no idea where you think otherwise, a simple Internet search can show you the numbers, and models available for sale at that time.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:47 PM

44,348 posts, read 20,051,946 times
Conclusion: Some people like SUV's; some people like sedans. Thread closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive