Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 11:49 AM

30,703 posts, read 79,429,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ignorant and belligerent scarlet-necks, bullying people who don't buy the same vehicle they do... it doesn't even make any sense, except in their dysfunctional "brains".
Wow. Is Stereotyping and generalizing back in as the cool thing to do? I thought it went out with bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2019, 02:22 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,921,897 times
I live on a corner-lot with a stop-sign out in a small-town on the dividing line between a suburban metro area and more rural area. We have a decent amount of lifted pick-ups and coal rollers going through our town.

I've had these losers roll coal on me when I've been out mowing my lawn. I've seen them roll coal on pedestrians on the sidewalk downtown, I've seen them roll coal on people lined-up at the ice cream shop.

I've fully convinced these coal rollers have a few screws loose and are generally not very nice people.

Old 09-27-2019, 02:38 PM

1,962 posts, read 1,795,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
They deserved it? What exactly do you think they did that would make someone want to blow clouds of thick, black smoke at them?.

I'll give you a perfect example. I was in the left lane of a 2 lane interstate. A car was blocking the left lane and refused to move over to let traffic pass. The diesel truck was behind the car blocking traffic and I was behind the diesel. After miles of blocking traffic and at least 20 cars behind us the guy finally moved over to get off his exit. As soon as he did the big black Cummings in front of hammered it and filled this a-holes car with black smoke. I'd say he deserved it and then some.

Old 09-27-2019, 03:32 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,267,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Ignorant and belligerent scarlet-necks, bullying people who don't buy the same vehicle they do... it doesn't even make any sense, except in their dysfunctional "brains".
Actually a lot of these coal rollers are young guys with trucks bought by mom and dad. One of my trucks can “roll coal” from the factory. It’s really a matter how I shift since it’s a standard. I choose not to be a childish butthole. But hey FYI a lot of Prius drivers drive like buttholes

Old 09-27-2019, 03:58 PM

12,011 posts, read 9,083,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Wow. Is Stereotyping and generalizing back in as the cool thing to do? I thought it went out with bigotry.
Okay, have it your way - people who bully others, based on the model of car they drive, bathing them in toxic fumes because that gives them joy, are wonderful, open-minded, kind and friendly people that everyone would be thrilled to have as neighbors. The world would be a better place if more people would use baseless aggression as their favored way to interact with their fellow man.

Old 09-27-2019, 04:38 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,730,526 times
Some do it expressly to roll coal on the beggars. Have seen it quite a bit on youtube.

Old 09-27-2019, 05:04 PM

3,146 posts, read 4,063,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
They deserved it? What exactly do you think they did that would make someone want to blow clouds of thick, black smoke at them?

Yes, because the people who do this, even if they're in their 30s or 40s, are just overgrown boys who never really grew up. Their oversized and often lifted crew cab pickup trucks are just taking the place of the Tonka trucks that they used to play with as kids. I even saw one pickup locally that had the license plate "Tonka" on it!

If they had any brains to begin with, they wouldn't be spending $40-50K+ on a pickup truck! Years ago people bought pickups because they were inexpensive means of transportation. Now they've become some sort of blue-collar status symbol. All these rednecks rush out to buy one because they're afraid that if they don't, or heaven forbid they bought a car instead of a truck, that they wouldn't fit in and wouldn't be accepted by the other "men" in their community. Today's pickup trucks are some of the most overpriced vehicles you can buy, giving the manufacturers profit margins larger than on anything else they sell (other than large SUVs). If the people who bought these trucks had any brains, they'd be taking their money and investing it, rather than wasting money on something that depreciates the moment you drive it off the dealer's lot and continues to lose value as long as you own it.

PREACH!!!!!

Old 09-27-2019, 06:18 PM

12,011 posts, read 9,083,384 times
What else do these people do? Curse and spit on people if they see them buying LED bulbs at the Home Depot? Run them off the road if they dare to ride a bicycle? Flip their cigarettes and beer bottles at pedestrians who actually use their legs to get around? Try to swamp people with their powerboat if they see them in a canoe or a rowboat trying to enjoy some peace and quiet?

Old 09-27-2019, 06:29 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,921,897 times
There is this weird sub-culture of idiots who thing loud, coal-rolling, lifted pick-up trucks are cool.
I like a nice truck and horsepower as much as the next guy, but turning your daily-driver into some obnoxious thing on wheels is annoying.
Its one thing if this was the middle of rural Wyoming, its another when its suburban / exurban Metro Detroit.

They feel they can run people off the road, blind them with their LED light bars, smoke them out by rolling coal (on pedestrians), and having obnoxiously loud exhaust and/or remove the catalytic converted and be rolling through town and waking people up in the middle of the night.

I will stereotype since most are 25-40 year old red-neck, gun loving, occasionally confederate flag flying men. Often blasting bro-country and just going around thinking they are more bad-a$$ than everyone else.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:10 PM

26,380 posts, read 46,277,418 times
Yeah, a room temperature IQ trend, report license plate numbers every time it occurs. It is a safety hazard for all motorists and pedestrians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive