Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2019, 02:57 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
I'm sick of this whole "You're just young and dumb and don't understand" BS as well.

Oops, I forgot that anyone over 40 knows EVERYTHING, silly me.

If I was 50 and was saying what I've said, what would be your lazy, dismissive comeback then?

TLDR Young people don't know anything and old people know everything.
I don't think you got the point when Tencent brought up your age.

If you were 50, you would still be just as wrong as you are today, but at the age of 50 you should have known how wrong you are. You would not get a pass at 50, whereas Tencent thinks you get a pass for being so wrong because you just don't have enough experience yet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2019, 06:48 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,694,332 times
Quote:
The difference is poor people expect special treatment because of it.
And I'll just stop reading right here on Page 1. If this is what you think it tell me everything I need to know about you. Who pis sed you off? TO make a generalization like this is just disturbing...

Old 10-04-2019, 07:32 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,025,141 times
Quote:
I'm sick of this whole "You're just young and dumb and don't understand" BS as well.

Oops, I forgot that anyone over 40 knows EVERYTHING, silly me.

If I was 50 and was saying what I've said, what would be your lazy, dismissive comeback then?

TLDR Young people don't know anything and old people know everything.

And THIS is why no one wants to talk to you. LOL You're a little know-it-all, and people roll their eyes at you.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:02 AM

1,166 posts, read 876,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
But don't pretend you got poorer peoples problems and mentalities pinned down, if you ain't even been there. Trust when I say nobody wants to be poor, nobody wants a jalopy, nobody wants to live four to a single bedroom efficiency... but people do what they have to and that includes cutting cost where they can. Because whatever they got is better than being homeless with nothing. Which for many many people isn't too far away.
Who said I was rich? Or grew up rich? Far from it, I know what it’s like to struggle to make ends meet. Still do at times.

The difference is I understood that excuses and sob stories don’t pay the bills and don’t put food in your belly, and expecting the world to cut you a break because you’re broke and drive a pile of junk is foolish. People attempting to justify their poor choices in life by trying to gain sympathy isn’t going to work with me. We all have problems to deal with and expenses we’d rather not have, you’re not special and you’ll get no special treatment from me.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
And I'll just stop reading right here on Page 1. If this is what you think it tell me everything I need to know about you. Who pis sed you off? TO make a generalization like this is just disturbing...
Stupidity makes me angry, and it takes on MANY forms. Just like people who whine that their car isn’t running right but they won’t take it to get it fixed until it’s not able to drive, then whine when I tell them that it needs something in order to make it right.

It’s almost like a deer in the headlights look of shock, like “what do you mean my car needs x, I just wanna put gas in it and drive it. And right there’s your problem, you’re a moron.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:09 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,812,682 times
Quote:
Stupidity makes me angry, and it takes on MANY forms. .

You are young, you can over come that problem!!! Just study and take courses that interest you.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
And THIS is why no one wants to talk to you. LOL You're a little know-it-all, and people roll their eyes at you.
“People don’t like the truth, but I do. I like it because it upsets a lot of people.” - Lemmy Kilmister

When you tell people something they don’t want to hear, it upsets them. But I value the truth above all else, and I’m not going to sugarcoat things and blow smoke up people’s axxxx because they want something for next to nothing. I’m not about to let a customer dictate how a repair is to be carried out, because they don’t know what a proper repair is 9 times out of 10 and only care about the cost. I’ll tell you how I’m going to fix it and that’s that.

Like my old shop teacher said “You can’t make chicken salad out of chicken shxt”. And that’s what these people want.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:17 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,216,625 times
Quote:
Stupidity makes me angry, and it takes on MANY forms. Just like people who whine that their car isn’t running right but they won’t take it to get it fixed until it’s not able to drive, then whine when I tell them that it needs something in order to make it right.

It’s almost like a deer in the headlights look of shock, like “what do you mean my car needs x, I just wanna put gas in it and drive it. And right there’s your problem, you’re a moron.

You wanna know who is whining the loudest of all? You! You incessantly whine about customers as if you are going to change the world. People are managing their own affairs as they see fit, and you can whine until the day you die but you aren't going to change that.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylentvoyce View Post

Just remember: Even though these people don't know how to treat their cars, they likely do know how to land a girlfriend.

Aww you think that’s gonna hurt my feelings? How cute.

I’ve figured out how to get what I want from women without all their BS attached to it, and you want to try and make me feel bad? Fat chance.

I will not deal with someone else’s stupidity, I don’t care if we’re talking cars, relationships, or anything else.

Old 10-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
You wanna know who is whining the loudest of all? You! You incessantly whine about customers as if you are going to change the world. People are managing their own affairs as they see fit, and you can whine until the day you die but you aren't going to change that.
Yes I can by refusing to deal with them. If more people would, they’d be forced to change. But we’ve got a bunch of bleeding hearts that are suckers for a sob story out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive