Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 02:40 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,375,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy100 View Post
If you like ice cream, but hate chocolate, is safe to assume you'll hate chocolate ice cream.

Likewise I don't run around telling everybody to try the ice cream I do like because that's what's odd.
I think you fail to understand your own analogy. It is not safe to assume you will hate anything that you have not tried. You are the guy running around trying to tell everyone else that they will not like chocolate when you have never tried chocolate yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 02:45 AM

9,613 posts, read 6,944,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
I never said that they didn't - You did - read your own posts.

Why do YOU care so much about this stuff? You don't know if you like it or not because you have never been in one. A hater is going to hate - and you seem to hate anything or anyone saying positive things about any EV. EVs are not for everyone but quit trying to make it your mission to denigrate EVERYONE who has anything positive to say.

As I pointed out before - the "ranked among most unreliable" was a web site that linked to another with 2 cars reporting minor problems - bad reporting and incorrect. Your comment on interior is an opinion not a fact. I am tired of pointing out all the fallacies in your statements - get real - you currently add nothing to these discussions.
You're defending a post regarding the cost of charger installation and posted your anecdote as proof. Sorry but that's meaningless. No need to even bring it up.

What positive statement am I denigrating? You're so sensitive to your model's perceived popularity you felt compelled to jump into another conversation. We were talking EV charging station installation cost and you busted out with Tesla sales specifics in Norway. Nice work!
I sure couldn't tell you offhand, nor do I care, exactly how popular my cars are in America much less Norway and Great Britain.

I don't recall listing a website regarding Tesla's poor reliability at all. But since you brought it up...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ble/785149001/
https://www.businessinsider.com/surv...ble-car-2018-9
https://www.designnews.com/electroni...ble-nameplates
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...n-reliability/
Get real, it's not a fluke. Even the Tesla forums bring it up. I like my share of chronically unreliable cars, but I don't keep my head in the sand about it. Your denial of such glaring evidence is why you need people like to me to shed some light on some issues that you might be blinded by as a fanboy.

I stated my opinions (such as the interior) and now you're tired of pointing out the fallacies of what my opinion should be. Your job as an opinion corrector must be exhausting.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
You're defending a post regarding the cost of charger installation and posted your anecdote as proof. Sorry but that's meaningless. No need to even bring it up.

What positive statement am I denigrating? You're so sensitive to your model's perceived popularity you felt compelled to jump into another conversation. We were talking EV charging station installation cost and you busted out with Tesla sales specifics in Norway. Nice work!
I sure couldn't tell you offhand, nor do I care, exactly how popular my cars are in America much less Norway and Great Britain.

I don't recall listing a website regarding Tesla's poor reliability at all. But since you brought it up...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...ble/785149001/
https://www.businessinsider.com/surv...ble-car-2018-9
https://www.designnews.com/electroni...ble-nameplates
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...n-reliability/
Get real, it's not a fluke. Even the Tesla forums bring it up. I like my share of chronically unreliable cars, but I don't keep my head in the sand about it. Your denial of such glaring evidence is why you need people like to me to shed some light on some issues that you might be blinded by as a fanboy.

I stated my opinions (such as the interior) and now you're tired of pointing out the fallacies of what my opinion should be. Your job as an opinion corrector must be exhausting.
You are meaningless, nuff said.

Old 10-15-2019, 02:57 AM

Quote:
I think you fail to understand your own analogy. It is not safe to assume anything that you have not tried. You are the guy running around trying to tell everyone else that they will not like chocolate when you have never tried chocolate yourself.
I've never once told anybody to not like a Tesla or anything else they like.

I have been told why I should like chocolate ice cream complete with a given list of "facts" of why it taste better and exactly how much of it is sold in Norway (with appropriately generous chocolate ice cream subsidies of course).

All I can do is share my own opinions and shed some light through some propaganda where appropriate. Fanboys are a terrible source of unbiased information. Given it's a general auto discussion forum, maybe between the fanboys and haters somebody can get a clearer view of a topic. That is the overall point.

Otherwise if conflicting information and opinions bother you, perhaps you should join Tesla's own forums instead.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:01 AM

Quote:
You are meaningless, nuff said.

This is why you are apparently oblivious to Tesla's reliability. If something isn't favorable, you denigrate the messenger and stick your head back in the sand.

Old 10-15-2019, 03:54 AM

Quote:
I've never once told anybody to not like a Tesla or anything else they like.

I have been told why I should like chocolate ice cream complete with a given list of "facts" of why it taste better and exactly how much of it is sold in Norway (with appropriately generous chocolate ice cream subsidies of course).

All I can do is share my own opinions and shed some light through some propaganda where appropriate. Fanboys are a terrible source of unbiased information. Given it's a general auto discussion forum, maybe between the fanboys and haters somebody can get a clearer view of a topic. That is the overall point.

Otherwise if conflicting information and opinions bother you, perhaps you should join Tesla's own forums instead.
You repeatedly have denigrated anyone not agreeing with your "opinion" and because you have no experience to base it on, a terrible source for unbiased information. Every time you are proven wrong you ignore it, you are not giving a "clearer view" of anything. There is a reason why over 90% of Tesla buyers repeat. Perhaps you should cull the hate until you get some first hand knowledge.

On reliability - You might want to read the links you posted, most of the info go back to one issue on early 2016 Model X's and the same survey source - not their own info.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:58 AM

Quote:
You repeatedly have denigrated anyone not agreeing with your "opinion" and because you have no experience to base it on, a terrible source for unbiased information. Every time you are proven wrong you ignore it, you are not giving a "clearer view" of anything. There is a reason why over 90% of Tesla buyers repeat. Perhaps you should cull the hate until you get some first hand knowledge.

On reliability - You might want to read the links you posted, most of the info go back to one issue on early 2016 Model X's and the same survey source - not their own info.
State the post that I’ve denigrated anybody.

Any personal experience is only one dataset. It’s essentially meaningless. Especially given reliability statistics.

Tesla’s unreliability is hardly a secret. Read some more of those links.

Old 10-15-2019, 12:53 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,433,972 times
I don't even want to entertain the economics of an EV purchase if people are going to end up trading every 3-5 years.

Old 10-15-2019, 01:17 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,697,355 times
The only thing I like to add is that an EV currently is like a new smartphone. If you buy one you have to keep up with its own upkeep. It's not like a regular car. I don't even think you should buy EV for gas savings because you won't see it unless you drive it for 5 years without any major issues.

The reason you should buy one if you want the benefits with performance and in-car features.

I own a Prius and people give it no respect but it is by far one of the most reliable car I ever owned and easiest to service. I just got my brakes done on the Honda Pilot but on the Prius I never had to change brake pads with over 80k mi driven. Regenerative brakes and not using the real brakes much allowed me to do that.

On EVs, other than tires and software updates there should be very little maintenance.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Any personal experience is only one dataset. It’s essentially meaningless. Especially given reliability statistics.

Tesla’s unreliability is hardly a secret. Read some more of those links.
Anyone with no experience has zero data sets - your opinion is essentially meaningless. You discount and disparage any personal accounts as irrelevant, like the fact that I have had essentially zero issues with 4 EVs. The reports you cited were Consumer Reports issues with early Model X's, not all Tesla's - they even say that Tesla's have the highest owner satisfaction ever recorded. Here is what they say about reliabilty:

Quote:
Although the Model S has been at or near the top of its segment in its Overall Score, the Model X SUV has suffered from below average reliability scores from its owners.

“Owners report issues with the Model X’s falcon doors, electronic front doors, large windshield glass, and other hardware issues,” Fisher said, “but not with its powertrain."
Also CR is a little behind the times with a car like Tesla. I used to be one of their sources for this data, and can tell you it could use some updates. They ask to report on any issues with the car, with no question about resolution and no expectation it will change. Tesla's ability to do over-the-air updates means that significant improvements can be made to correct issues after delivery. CR ratings do not reflect that type of improvements - ok with standard car, not with a computer on wheels. They even experienced with their report on braking issues with the Model 3 but have yet to account for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive