Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 07:20 PM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
I have the weather tech mats and love them. MUCH better than carpet ones.

Take your heels off when driving. Problem solved.
Correct my wife puts flats on and changes into her heels, problem solved. What do women do in snow states they wear their snow boots than change into heels. Why is this an issue anyway woman been driving for years in heels manual transmissions to boot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2019, 08:56 PM

408 posts, read 259,894 times
Personally, I take off my heels when I drive and so does Mrs. Deoge.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:30 AM

6,980 posts, read 5,423,158 times
The questions asked on here sometimes are just out of left field, filler questions because someone is board.

Old 12-17-2019, 03:37 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
They can be a danger to anyone if they aren't sized/fit right. My Uncle was backing up his SUV and the pedal got stuck under the mat. Here's the kicker... it was at a boat launch and there was 5 foot drop off at the end with a really bad current. He ended up tunring off the key before anything bad happened but it could of been a disaster.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:11 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,318,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LFJourney View Post
I’m waiting for my new 2020 RAV4 to arrive and the sales guy said he’d throw in floor and cargo mats. When I told him I wanted carpet, he said he likes the all weather because he thinks they’re easier to clean and they keep things from sliding around in the back. I was tired of dealing with dealers at this point so I said I’d take those since he suggested them.

I thought more about it later and looked at pictures on Toyota’s site. I’ve never seen these in person, but my major concern is they look like they can be dangerous for women who wear heels because of those deep grooves. I just feel they’ll be a safety hazard and would mess with my shoes. Does anyone else feel this way or have a significant other who has expressed the same concern?

I also don’t feel I need these in Florida, and it seems my new vehicle will smell like rubber because I assume the heat here will cook them. I don’t have kids or eat or drink in my car either. I’m also not sure if they’ll look ugly. It seems carpet will look nicer and feel much better, as well as last longer.

Are my assumptions wrong or is there something else I’m not thinking of? I thought I’d check before I ask the sales guy to change my mats to carpet like I’ve always had. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
I used to wear heels all the time and rubber mats always messed up the back of my shoes. If you don't have kids or eat in your car I would just get carpet.

Old 12-17-2019, 07:46 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,591,383 times
My wife has weathertech mats and wears heels all the time and it’s never been an issue

Old 12-17-2019, 07:48 AM

12,199 posts, read 7,227,282 times
These floor mats are dangerous in more ways than that. They all have chemicals that are dangerous to your health, hence many of them have that California Proposition 65 warning.

Old 12-17-2019, 08:37 AM

9,724 posts, read 21,237,878 times
Re: https://3d-maxpider.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post

EDIT: I just clicked to get the price for a pair and see I've gotta buy mats for the rear as well as the front ones. I haven't had anyone in my back seat since the day after I bought the car (5+ years ago). Price for front and back was only $181, but they ought to offer them for just the front and just the rear or both. It's not a big deal, but I'd be more inclined to buy a set for the front for $100 (or $125) than for both front and back for $181.
I sent a little note to the folks who make these mats and got an email from them stating that they do offer the floor liners as individual rows or as a set. "The best and fastest way to find a retail seller of the item would be to search by the item number online using a search engine such as Google." Then they sent me the item number for the front mats for my Prius.

Old 12-17-2019, 09:05 AM

9,868 posts, read 7,705,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Correct my wife puts flats on and changes into her heels, problem solved. What do women do in snow states they wear their snow boots than change into heels. Why is this an issue anyway woman been driving for years in heels manual transmissions to boot.
Toeing the line, to boot!

Old 12-17-2019, 10:00 AM

11,346 posts, read 16,708,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Those are nice looking mats. I wonder how they wear and how much water they'd hold before it starts leaking. I'm in and out of my car maybe 20 times daily 4-5 days each week. This time of the year, when I track snow in and it melts, the water leaks overboard if I don't dump it regularly.

I've been using Weathertechs for the past 5 years now. Heavy use. Mine don't move at all -- less than 1/8 inch on the right side; the driver's side locks in on two corners so can't even move that much. I think Weathertech might make some cheaper ones (?) that aren't made to fit so well, but the ones I have just don't move. That doesn't mean they couldn't be better, but as for movement, there ain't none.

EDIT: I just clicked to get the price for a pair and see I've gotta buy mats for the rear as well as the front ones. I haven't had anyone in my back seat since the day after I bought the car (5+ years ago). Price for front and back was only $181, but they ought to offer them for just the front and just the rear or both. It's not a big deal, but I'd be more inclined to buy a set for the front for $100 (or $125) than for both front and back for $181.
HMMM???

I was able to buy the fronts only as the back seat is rarely occupied.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive