Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2020, 12:11 PM

17,303 posts, read 12,242,173 times

Advertisements

Civic will be fine in rain/snow. Unless getting in/out and seating position start to bug you, you're good with what you've got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2020, 12:13 PM

7,090 posts, read 4,526,537 times
We have a 10 year old Honda and a 12 year old Toyota. None have needed repairs outside of brakes and tires. Keep the car.

Old 01-08-2020, 12:22 PM

2,376 posts, read 2,930,862 times
Man, you guys are a bunch of debbie downers in this thread! While I won't argue, from a nickels and dimes persepective, that keeping the Civic for a while is the best option. No arguement there.....BUT....

Sometimes you want to pay a little more so you're not driving a lifeless appliance. Maybe the OP could look at getting something fun like an Audi S3/S4 or BMW 340i X-Drive. But yes, this fun comes at a cost.

Old 01-08-2020, 04:12 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude24 View Post
I realize I'll open a can of worms here, but I am anxious to hear comments. I have a fair commute and have put a little over 70K on my 2016 Civic EX-T in 3+ years. I get a fixed monthly car allowance from my employer, regardless of what I am driving. I use the car for personal, but almost always take the wife's car for trips of any length, but we don't do a lot of that. I like to do my own service, always change the oil, filters, etc, at suggested intervals, have changed Trans fluid once, brake fluid once. My MPG total combined over the life is 37.8. I am pleasantly surprised with that. I am still making payments on this, but the trade-in value is now worth more than the payoff, and the outright sale value is quite a bit higher than that.

I usually drive a car until the wheels fall off. (Unfortunately the last one, an '05 Acura TSX, had that happen at about 120K miles. Great car until everything seemed to fail). I will likely retire within the next 2 years and I hope to be moving to an area more rural, with a lot more rain and a little bit of snowy winter. I am thinking of getting something different that I will keep into my retirement. Maybe AWD, possibly even crossover or something like that although I really like a sport sedan. I have had a lot of Honda products and liked most of them. Had an Impreza for awhile that I liked, but reviews on new ones don't look that favorable. I have had 2 Nissan products and NEVER AGAIN. The only Mazda I ever owned was a pickup, and I don't really have any complaints about it. Everyone that I know that has a Toyota product seems to love them. My wife has an HRV that she loves...and I tolerate. I guess you can see that since the mid 1980's my preference has been Japanese, but I am open to suggestions.

Just wondering what kind of suggestions are out there, hopefully from some of you that have experience.
I bought a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit model, and it is quite the versatile vehicle. Off road capable, but very smooth and fast on the highway. A little small for me (I came from a Chevy Tahoe), but I make it work.

SS
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive