Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2020, 08:34 AM

12,426 posts, read 9,519,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildSpark View Post
Can you elaborate as to why they're on another level? I've checked out Toyota's CHR - adorable but I'm thirsty for more power.
Honda Civic Hatchback and Toyota Corolla hatchback (the 2019 revised model) are more powerful, quieter, ride and handle better than the Fit and safer in a crash.

Honda Fit Sport with the manual is said to do 0-60mph in 8.4 secs. The Honda Civic Hatchback does it in 6.9 secs. If you want to step up a little more in performance, the Si model (coupe or sedan only) can do it in 6.5 secs and has a limited slip differential to reduce wheelspin and torque steer and an option for electronically adaptive dampers (for sharp handling as well as comfy ride) too - the Civic Si trim is in my opinion the best bargain in sporty cars on the market.

https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/30...ar-you-can-buy

Last edited by OutdoorLover; 01-12-2020 at 08:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2020, 10:52 AM

505 posts, read 584,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
Honda Civic Hatchback and Toyota Corolla hatchback (the 2019 revised model) are more powerful, quieter, ride and handle better than the Fit and safer in a crash.

Honda Fit Sport with the manual is said to do 0-60mph in 8.4 secs. The Honda Civic Hatchback does it in 6.9 secs. If you want to step up a little more in performance, the Si model (coupe or sedan only) can do it in 6.5 secs and has a limited slip differential to reduce wheelspin and torque steer and an option for electronically adaptive dampers (for sharp handling as well as comfy ride) too - the Civic Si trim is in my opinion the best bargain in sporty cars on the market.

https://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/30...ar-you-can-buy
Thank you for the informational response.

Old 01-12-2020, 09:51 PM

3,319 posts, read 1,817,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
Man, that's easy: Audi S5.

I came within a matter of fate of buying a used 2010 S5, in blue, in 2011. Had the salesman been there that day....I demurred, they sold it a few days later, I went with a used Porsche 996 Turbo weeks later. The latter being twice the car the Audi is. The S5 was a bit soft for me, but hits all your marks. Keep on the maintenance, it will probably hold together that they are a far cry from JPN brands. They don't seem to be worth much used, probably due to maintenance. 996 Turbos sure are, and one with records (like mine) sold for more than I paid for it, but the 911 market is speculative end of the day.

Blue, with white leather, heated seats, about 350hp with the V8 (next year had a turbo or supercharged 6, "I think" probably just as good and better mileage). Did NOT hit your mileage mark, but the super/turbo would...

Plan B: Used 2008 Lexus IS F. Fire breathing sleeper. Needs to be dark red, blue, or black: no car like this should be a bland, sleeper color.

V8 from hell. 400hp four door coupe. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy just about any Lexus with records at 100K miles, after a PPL by someone who knows what they are doing as it will probably be fine. No way will hit your mileage ask. These are devil cars and if there is any possible reason why I should own something like that, I'll get one m'self (there likely is not).
I like your suggestions.

How about a Lexus RC 350F-Sport?
Not a hatchback, not 'cute'... it's beautiful inside and out.
Put Michelin's Pilot 19" Sport 4S for a smooth quiet, road hugging ride.
Uh, oh.. 20 MPG city won't work for OP.
And it's a coupe

Then go with the Audi S5.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:07 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,836,872 times
As big of a Subaru fan as I am, the WRX does not have a good rep for being a comfy vehicle, and the hatch version has been out of production for a while. (Sadly, Subaru has zero plans to bring the Levorg to North America- I think it would fit your list well)

If you hated the VW experience, it's hard to get excited about anything Audi either. Based on the list, I'd go with the Lexus or Infiniti options.

Old 01-13-2020, 09:09 AM

505 posts, read 584,170 times
Yup, still have my eye on a Lexus NX T or a UX. Going to test drive this week. Thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaIamela View Post
I like your suggestions.

How about a Lexus RC 350F-Sport?
Not a hatchback, not 'cute'... it's beautiful inside and out.
Put Michelin's Pilot 19" Sport 4S for a smooth quiet, road hugging ride.
Uh, oh.. 20 MPG city won't work for OP.
And it's a coupe

Then go with the Audi S5.

Old 01-13-2020, 11:19 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,701,807 times
I can't think of a turbo car that gets 30mpg without having some kind of tall last gear that sucks the fun out of a turbo.

Then again, very few cars can match the power of my Highlander Hybrid and still get close to 28mpg combined while making 270HP.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:06 PM

2,775 posts, read 5,164,128 times
my vote is for Audi A5/S5

Old 01-13-2020, 03:52 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,889,113 times
Toyota Prius.

Meets most of your criteria.

Peppier than you might think! Very quiet, hatchback fits a ton of stuff. Do they come with leather? I don't know.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:23 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,371,609 times
Have you considered the Chevy Bolt? It’s Chevy’s all electric hatchback which sports 200 HP and 238 mile all electric range. Since it’s an EV you won’t find a quieter ride. As long as you aren’t planning to do alot of roadtripping this may be your best option.

Old 01-14-2020, 01:40 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Have you considered the Chevy Bolt? It’s Chevy’s all electric hatchback which sports 200 HP and 238 mile all electric range. Since it’s an EV you won’t find a quieter ride. As long as you aren’t planning to do alot of roadtripping this may be your best option.
It's what I was thinking, too, but OP said no Chevy though the Bolt seems to pretty reliable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive