Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2020, 09:57 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,995,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillery77 View Post
The ending arrangement may be that a 2019 vehicle is agreed upon, but the paperwork needs to reflect that for several reasons:
I'm not sure if the Order Confirmation the OP posted is the final delivery paperwork or just the initial order that could easily have been changed by the higher ups. If the change was made internally with approvals and knowledge, the order paperwork the OP has means nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2020, 12:51 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
1. OP's company says I need a new 2020 Murano to leasing company.
2. Leasing company and employer agree at $400 a month.
3. Dealer tells leasing company they have 2019 leftovers at a savings.
4. Leasing company contacts employer and says 202o is still $400 a month but similar 2019 is $350.
5. What do you think employer says?

Old 02-08-2020, 07:02 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
4. Leasing company contacts employer and says 2020 is still $400 a month but similar 2019 is $350.

Bingo!!

Old 02-08-2020, 08:04 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
4. Leasing company contacts employer and says 202o is still $400 a month but similar 2019 is $350.
OR

someone along the way agrees to provide 2020 and $400 and instead provides cheaper 2019 while still charging for the 2020 and pocketing the difference. We don't know which of the scenarios it is, but if the OP's company required a 2020 with X, Y, and Z features, then the leasing company should be providing a 2020 with X, Y, and Z. We'll have to wait for the OP to come back with what his company said.

Old 02-08-2020, 12:19 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
OR

someone along the way agrees to provide 2020 and $400 and instead provides cheaper 2019 while still charging for the 2020 and pocketing the difference. We don't know which of the scenarios it is, but if the OP's company required a 2020 with X, Y, and Z features, then the leasing company should be providing a 2020 with X, Y, and Z. We'll have to wait for the OP to come back with what his company said.
I don't know how big the company is or how many fleet cars they have in service or how big and reputable the leasing company is but behavior like that could terminate the relationship. The company will easily see the model year in the contract and insurance documents. Repeat business being the foundation of business, that would not make sense. But who knows?

Old 02-08-2020, 01:19 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
First of all, YOU don't lease/own the car, therefore YOU weren't cheated. Your employer, if anyone, was the party that possibly got "cheated". Is the 2019 that they delivered to you a "new" car, with either zero, or just a few miles? If so, what's the big deal, you aren't paying for it!!

It's quite possible that the leasing company came upon a few "leftover" 2019s, and got a really good deal on them. In turn, they may have given your employer a good deal, too, and in turn, also notified your employer about this change. You claim that you wee supposed to get a new car, so as long as it's a new car, what's your problem??
If my job included company car and I was to get a 2020 not a 2019, I would be cheated. Yes the company was cheated financially and they have you properly concerned about this distracting you from your work perhaps. Get your company i the middle of this. They have more leverage to make it right than you do.

Old 02-08-2020, 06:11 PM

6,824 posts, read 10,520,613 times
I might let your employer know just because it could be some kind of scam where someone is making a buck off the difference in price between the models somehow. Otherwise, no big deal.

Old 02-08-2020, 07:55 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,456,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmybirdie View Post
Like most fleet transactions, you don't get any paperworks. Donlen provides a generic insurance document that all inclusive for people with company cars. I have sent the VIN number to Donlen for verification. I believe it should match the paperworks. I think this is a case where the dealer trying to sneak one through. The 2019 model is currently heavily discount but the price charge Donlen and my company is $34k for the 2020. I will get a response from Donlen tomorrow.
OK, so what did the Fleet Manager say about the mistake?

(Any chance the Fleet Manager is getting a kickback on this deal?)

Old 02-09-2020, 06:40 AM

6,450 posts, read 3,147,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
If my job included company car and I was to get a 2020 not a 2019, I would be cheated. Yes the company was cheated financially and they have you properly concerned about this distracting you from your work perhaps. Get your company i the middle of this. They have more leverage to make it right than you do.

Does your paperwork that you signed, when you were hired, indicate that you will "get a company provided car" as part of your job, or does it say that you will get a "company provided, current model year car", as part of your job? That makes a big difference.

And for anyone complaining that your company provided, at no expense to you, new car, is a 2019, rather than a 2020, really needs to step back and take a breath......Talk about "first-world issues"!!! Sheesh....

Old 02-09-2020, 07:53 AM

12,847 posts, read 9,055,079 times
Quote:
I don't know how big the company is or how many fleet cars they have in service or how big and reputable the leasing company is but behavior like that could terminate the relationship. The company will easily see the model year in the contract and insurance documents. Repeat business being the foundation of business, that would not make sense. But who knows?
Exactly. That's why the OP needs to let the company know. If the swap was mutually agreed to, that's one thing. If not, the "swap" could have happened at the dealer level and not the leasing company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Does your paperwork that you signed, when you were hired, indicate that you will "get a company provided car" as part of your job, or does it say that you will get a "company provided, current model year car", as part of your job? That makes a big difference.

And for anyone complaining that your company provided, at no expense to you, new car, is a 2019, rather than a 2020, really needs to step back and take a breath......Talk about "first-world issues"!!! Sheesh....
Several folks seem to be hung up that the OP is complaining that he got a 2019 instead of 2020. He's made it clear in an earlier post, if the company agreed to a 2019 then that's what they agreed to. But if the company leased a 2020 and instead got provided a 2019, that's not the contract. He's quite rightly looking out for the company interest here to ensure they got what they paid for.

Side bar: My dad was provided a company car for his job. He would spec out exactly what he wanted and the company would provide it. Then one day new management decided to go with a standard leasing program and provide a cheap "good enough" car. Where "good enough" was decided by someone in New York who didn't even own a car. Dad got his new car and drove it for a month and quit. Told the company he drove 100,000 miles a year in that car and if they couldn't provide a car he could be comfortable in, he quit. Took a job working for their major competitor. In 1975 they were the gold standard of their industry. Today you can find them in the bargain bin at Walmart. Their decision on the car was just one in a series of pennywise/pound foolish decisions they made over the next few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive