Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2020, 08:24 AM

412 posts, read 275,171 times

Advertisements

I have a 2017 Kia Soul, 6 speed manual.

I originally thought when this problem started that the clutch was slipping, which maybe it could be slightly given I'm at nearly 105k miles, but it started Christmas Eve, and is still very drive-able most of the time, and with the rideshare driving that I do constantly, it wouldn't still be functioning after six weeks this well if it was the clutch.

However, what it does is that when shifting gears it revs up for a couple seconds, sometimes longer, and sometimes not necessarily shifting gears, but hitting the gas pedal.

However, it only does this if I have been driving for less than 20 minutes, and it is worse on days of temperature drops and if the car has been sitting for a couple days without me using it.

If I start driving for fares, after about 2 or 3 fares, it starts to work just fine for the rest of the day, and you can't tell any of the symptoms are present.

On my 2015 Kia Soul, when the clutch was slipping, it started to happen first in full throttle, than whenever in 6th gear, and then 3-4 weeks later it was only able to be driven to the mechanic because it was revving so high that I wasn't willing to drive it until the part came in and I was ready to drop it off.

This is not doing that at all except for the first 15-20 minutes.

In Texas, we have been having some unusually cold weather, below the 40s F regularly, which is not common in this area, and when the temperature goes up to the 60s for a few days, it stops doing it, and then starts again on colder days.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive