Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2020, 06:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,533,813 times

Advertisements

Being a kid most of us had Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars. Scrolling though YouTube I came across this and it seems to be a real thing. Makes me wish I had some of my older Hot Wheel cars. They even do rally races!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d2S...&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pulN...&feature=share
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2020, 11:32 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,719,842 times
I noticed toy cars are going back to their retro designs as well, glad manufacturers care about having a noble image

Old 02-27-2020, 09:52 AM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times
Slot car's are still pretty popular on eBay and Facebook groups and a few forums. A lot of people have home tracks and in some areas there are race shops with regular races.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Slot car's are still pretty popular on eBay and Facebook groups and a few forums. A lot of people have home tracks and in some areas there are race shops with regular races.
Yeah I know slot cars are still a big thing but not the die cast cars. I have to hand it to the guys who the 3DBOTMAKER though, they are a riot to listen too.

Old 02-27-2020, 10:52 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Yeah I know slot cars are still a big thing but not the die cast cars. I have to hand it to the guys who the 3DBOTMAKER though, they are a riot to listen too.
Great videos! I like the commentary, sound effects, visuals, etc.

Old 02-27-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Great videos! I like the commentary, sound effects, visuals, etc.
The commentary is a riot love it all.

Old 02-28-2020, 10:17 AM

44,355 posts, read 20,059,784 times
Folks, this thread has been reported as being off-topic for the Automotive forum and more appropriate for the Hobbies forum. I'm going to leave it in Auto for a while, as I know the audience here will get a charge out of it. I may move it to Hobbies after all you motorheads have an opportunity to see it.

The videos with commentary and sound effects are a riot! Enjoy!

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Folks, this thread has been reported as being off-topic for the Automotive forum and more appropriate for the Hobbies forum. I'm going to leave it in Auto for a while, as I know the audience here will get a charge out of it. I may move it to Hobbies after all you motorheads have an opportunity to see it.

The videos with commentary and sound effects are a riot! Enjoy!

Sorry I thought it would go over better here where us Motörhead’s hang.

Old 02-28-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
This ones on a whole different level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0b...&feature=share

Old 02-29-2020, 05:56 AM

6,442 posts, read 3,143,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
This ones on a whole different level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP0b...&feature=share
That's a wild slot car track! Definitely demonstrates how sophisticated slot car racing has gotten....the cars can even "race", it appears, without any human interaction! I was into the slot cars, initially, as a youngster, with the 1/32 scale AC Gilbert and HO scale Aurora sets. When the first wave of commercial slot car stores opened in my area, around 1965-66, I was into it "full bore", for a while. It got really expensive, in short order, especially for someone my age, using my "allowance" and what I earned at an after school job, to fund the hobby. When the slot cars came around my area in the early 80s, for "slot cars, act 2", I was gainfully employed, and much better financed, but of course, the costs had risen accordingly.

Since this discussion was supposed to be about racing die cast cars, I'll add this....I have a modest collection of die cast cars, in 1/24 and 1/25 scale. A) they weren't made to easily roll, and B) for what they cost, I'm nor even attempting to run them down a plastic track!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive