Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 02:49 PM

10,346 posts, read 8,561,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medtran49 View Post
HOARDING much???? I would be ashamed.

We bought about 15 pounds of pork Saturday, but that was 1 double pack of pork butt at the restaurant supply, and there was more to be had.
Why?
Is there a shortage of Chicken and no one can get it? He could have triple that and I wouldn't care since I can easily buy chicken at almost any store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2020, 06:07 PM

1,976 posts, read 6,855,311 times
I am one of the front line responders. I have also lost a lot of money because of this, but don't care.

As they say, life will go on after this virus; I just want to be there to enjoy it along with others.

The economy could wait.

I am not a big fan of some states not closing down. If you look at the whole country, it feels like having a designated peeing area in a pool. It will screw others too.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:54 AM

6,426 posts, read 3,134,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00molavi View Post
I am one of the front line responders. I have also lost a lot of money because of this, but don't care.

As they say, life will go on after this virus; I just want to be there to enjoy it along with others.

The economy could wait.

I am not a big fan of some states not closing down. If you look at the whole country, it feels like having a designated peeing area in a pool. It will screw others too.

Not really, as the US Treasury is NOT a bottomless well of money, just waiting to be handed out to those that now find themselves unemployed. The funds are generated by taxes, and if nobody is working, then no tax revenue is generated, therefore the "well" doesn't get replenished.

Secondly, for retirees, like myself, my pension money comes from a previous employer, who depends on manufacturing/selling product, which generates income, which both the current employees are paid from, as well as the pension plans gets funded from.

In other words, the economy CANNOT wait.................unless you want a Communist lifestyle.

Old 04-12-2020, 05:09 PM

1,948 posts, read 1,514,862 times
I was at my Lexus dealership 3 weeks ago. They were still in operation but everyone was keeping their distance and no hand shaking, etc.

Their service department was writing between 65 and 75 service orders daily. I guess Lexus owners when they don't have anything to do with their time get cars worked on.

I heard some of the domestic car service departments were virtually shut down or doing much less business than normal.

Of course, they all will deliver and pickup cars directly to retail and service customers at home now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive