Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2020, 10:19 PM

19 posts, read 16,293 times

Advertisements

I am a Car restorer / collector and I enjoy going
to the local neighborhood car shows in my area
with the current Virus were having to deal with
I can understand the social gathering issues of A ball game
or movie theatre or other row after row of people.
narrow pathways to enter and exit But a parking lot show!
A car show in an open parking lot!
you display the car, talk to other car people and
answer questions about your ride. ask questions
about their ride and so on ALL can be done at a
safe distance. Kids especially enjoy seeing the
cars and asking questions. I can't wait for this
Virus crap to end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2020, 05:16 PM

6,456 posts, read 9,829,633 times
People are struggling just to survive right now. Between being unemployed and the virus itself, most people have better things to worry and complain about than a car show.

Old 04-10-2020, 05:26 PM

21,889 posts, read 25,201,372 times
Sure, people can do all sorts of things. The problem is they don't do them. That's why all the state parks are being closed. People can't not throw trash everywhere in a state park, which supposedly you'd have to have some appreciation for nature if you even bother to go. But people are people and as a rule incapable of responsible behavior as a group. Normally there's park rangers who act as mom but with most of them off the job the adult childs behave like adult childs and there's no one either keep them somewhat behaving or pick up after them.

Old 04-10-2020, 06:00 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,411,821 times
Being an automotive forum, I believe talking about car shows is appropriate.

Yes, op, I too look forward to the day when we can enjoy a good car show. It is definitely, always on my springtime agenda.

Old 04-11-2020, 11:55 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,639 posts, read 81,333,263 times
While I agree completely, we don’t see much in the way of car shows this time of year, with rain normally until July. Fortunately the pandemic came after the “early bird†swap meet in February. Our next big event is in July, the Greenwood Car Show in Seattle, and I really hope it’s over and normal by then. We also have many events at XXX Rootbeer in nearby Issaquah, WA, most Sundays, even this month, plus Saturday cruise-ins but of course they are having to be cancelled.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:04 PM

10,356 posts, read 8,588,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
People are struggling just to survive right now. Between being unemployed and the virus itself, most people have better things to worry and complain about than a car show.
But still while lower on the list, it's still there.

Old 04-11-2020, 12:19 PM

6,484 posts, read 3,173,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aslowdodge View Post
But still while lower on the list, it's still there.
VERY true. They way I see it, unfortunately, the cloud of this pandemic is going to hang over us for a long time....TOO long!! The frustration level is quite high, as people are dying and the economy is crashing, due to either the gross negligence, or vicious indifference of a foreign (to us) Government. We're paying a steep price for this crap!!

Old 04-11-2020, 01:10 PM

13,664 posts, read 9,738,979 times
We have to realize, that even if our personal regrets are over comparatively minor matters, that doesn't make these regrets louche, ridiculous or banal. For many of us, the car-hobby is an integral part of our psyche, our self-perception and value system. Sure, missing a car-show or a race or the social aspect of cars, is small price compared to a host of other maladies afflicting billions around the globe. But if we start surrendering this and that, accepting a "new normal" that erases what we've been doing for decades,... well - into what sort of world are we all going to emerge?

Old 04-11-2020, 01:39 PM

10,356 posts, read 8,588,422 times
Car shows are an nice way to enjoy the hobby and meet like minded people and perhaps new friendships. The nice thing is they are often very cheap or free.
Here is Atlanta you'll see old musclecars, exotics, rat rods, all kinds of cool cars.
The only thing is the juvenile mentality of some people doing burnouts and speeding to show off. I've seen more than one car show get shut down permanently by these people.

Old 04-11-2020, 09:27 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,267,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Most people at car shows are retired, so a job is a non-issue.

IMO, they will be one of the first things to return, because car shows are outdoors and distancing is easy.
If the April 31st date holds, my car will come out of storage on May 2nd, there will be a show on May 9 and I will be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive