Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 09:45 AM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times

Advertisements

This was a company where I ordered my vehicle fluids greases etc. but they just lost me as a customer when I saw this
https://petroleumservicecompany.com/...pUUU4ifQ%3D%3D

12 quantity of 4 oz bottles for $179.40. A eye popping. $14.95 for a bottle that sells for aboit two bucks normally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 11:38 AM

1,361 posts, read 552,890 times
Not surprised. Thanks for the tip.

I made my last purchase from eBay a couple weeks ago. An item that showed 3-5 day shipping still hasn't arrived 15 days later from CA. Why? Because these chinese sellers are misrepresenting their locations as being in the USA when they actually aren't and eBay isn't doing anything about it.

"Shipping is slow due to the virus" isn't valid.

On a side note, I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in about 6 years because I got tired of the one cashier they have always being on break... so I quit going. They are also the go to place for "Made in China" which is another reason I'll continue the boycott.

Old 04-13-2020, 01:47 PM

9,891 posts, read 11,766,452 times
There are not such thing as a store with multiple departments that do not sell merchandise made in
China, even when it has an American Name on it. I just bought a new 32 inch Television Set I use as a Computer Monitor (cheaper than a regular 19 inch monitor. An RCA (American Company) but made for them in China.

Old 04-13-2020, 03:14 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,537,436 times
I already sent a email asking to close my account I blocked their email and took myself off their mailing list. As far as Chinese products I can’t stop buying everything but I sure as hell can looknfor a American or European version. If it costs a bit more fine with me.
I may not be able to completely stop buying Chinese but i sure as heck can try

Old 04-13-2020, 03:20 PM

6,737 posts, read 4,419,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
I already sent a email asking to close my account I blocked their email and took myself off their mailing list. As far as Chinese products I can’t stop buying everything but I sure as hell can looknfor a American or European version. If it costs a bit more fine with me.
I may not be able to completely stop buying Chinese but i sure as heck can try

Same with the toilet paper and paper towel shortage lately. Start making it here again. I dont mind paying a little more for it, if its more readily available and made here.

Old 04-13-2020, 03:25 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach911 View Post
Not surprised. Thanks for the tip.

I made my last purchase from eBay a couple weeks ago. An item that showed 3-5 day shipping still hasn't arrived 15 days later from CA. Why? Because these chinese sellers are misrepresenting their locations as being in the USA when they actually aren't and eBay isn't doing anything about it.

"Shipping is slow due to the virus" isn't valid.

On a side note, I haven't set foot in a Wal-Mart in about 6 years because I got tired of the one cashier they have always being on break... so I quit going. They are also the go to place for "Made in China" which is another reason I'll continue the boycott.
I've run into this recently and it's rather frustrating.

I bought a product that said was in stock in TN. After I finally got shipping info, it was coming from Guangzu, China.

Dammit!

Canceled the order.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:02 PM

17,585 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Same with the toilet paper and paper towel shortage lately. Start making it here again. I dont mind paying a little more for it, if its more readily available and made here.
We really should be worried more about pharmaceuticals than TP.. Though I will agree that it'll likely be easier to start up production on paper products.

In a pinch, you can clean your butt with soap and water. Little harder to make blood pressure medicine or nitro tablets.

Even India is getting most of the raw ingredients to make the pharms from China.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:09 PM

15,434 posts, read 7,491,963 times
Quote:
Toilet paper isn't imported, it's all made here, as it's too bulky and too low priced to import. However, the plants, which run 24x7, are sized for normal consumption rates, and there wasn't any spare capacity to handle the surge in demand.

Old 04-13-2020, 05:46 PM

2,194 posts, read 1,140,087 times
Quote:
Very few paper products come from China. It is one of the things the US still does overwhelmingly.

Old 04-13-2020, 06:09 PM

8,272 posts, read 10,991,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsuperfly View Post
Very few paper products come from China. It is one of the things the US still does overwhelmingly.
Correct.
Exception: Walmart
No. 10 white business envelopes
Walmart used to sell a box of 50 (now 40) Mead brand made in USA. No. 10 white business envelopes.
Then Walmart switched to No. 10 business envelopes made in China.
The China ones only lasted a few weeks. As . . . who wants to lick China glue?
Then and currently Walmart sells No. 10 white business envelopes made in Mexico.
(yes, there are peel off self sticking envelopes also)

Dollar Tree still sells the white No. 10 business envelopes made in USA.
Both stores - the price is the same.

Who wants to like glue made in China?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive